Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Quake Live

After impotently waiting for a beta invite since they first opened registration and hearing nothing, ysbreker very kindly wangled me an invitation himself (somehow).

Was quite addicted to Q3A back in the day, even though I too wasn't very good at it. Lovely flow to the original game though and Quake Live seems to have lost none of that. :tup:

So yeah, add me too--Wrestlevania, as always. :)

Cigol - and, I am a noob. Seriously, this game is hardcore. I'm an Unreal Tournament pussy :finger:

Is that maybe because of the closed beta factor? I'm guessing you're more likely to have a higher proportion of old school Quake players now. Hopefully once they go public and the masses enter, the skill curve will balance out more. Seems about right, no?

Me: need invite.

Just a thought: Quake Live would be the ideal game to add to Thumbs' weekly gaming calendar--invites permitting, of course.

Ysbreker has 5 invites, I have 5 invites, I'm guessing after a day or two Wrestle will get 5 as well? Should be simple enough. Leave your email here, or PM it if you want an invite.

If I can play other Thumbs, and if anyone has one to spare, I'd like one...

One thing, though. Does it have cars?

Ah, nifty! Didn't realise they'd be handing them out this way. Makes sense though--just like every other flippin' beta out there.

I'll keep an eye out for my lot and then post here when I have some goodies to dole out. :tup:

quakelive.com works for me, ironically downforeveryoneorjustme.com doesn't work for me

It's down for me too :fart:

Those who've asked for invites, I'm assuming you've asked someone specifically? Because I don't know any of your email addresses and you need those to send the invites.

It's down for me too :fart:

Those who've asked for invites, I'm assuming you've asked someone specifically? Because I don't know any of your email addresses and you need those to send the invites.

No. It was a general thing. I don't know who has any. PM me or something.

I got friend requests from ysbreker and Cigol, and found Spaff via search. What's your handle, Jake?

Any other Thumbs on Quake Live? Post your user names!

I got my invite from Cigol (thanks, Cigol), and my name is...

[keep watching this space]

scrobbs, PM me you email address and I'll send you an invite. Same goes for 4 other people by the way :)

Just played my first match and it's as hectic and brilliant as I remember Q3A being. I'm surprised how little difference 10 years since last playing it has made--it's still superb. :tup:

Oh, and Quake Live has finally prompted me into getting a PC headset. Just a cheap one, mind (they're £7 in Asda atm, if anyone's interested), but still...

Quake Live has reminded me that my PC mouse is absolute shit. It's been a while since I cared about such things.

It has also reminded me how crap I am at Q3A, and how much I enjoy it despite that. Any word if the Team Arena stuff will make it in at some point?

Update: just played some online against random folks and was doing horribly, but at least occasionally killing a dude, when my mouse just stopped working. So, I guess that settles what my next purchase is.

Edited by Jake

I'm sorry guys, apparently they took my invites away :frusty: As soon as I get more I'll let you all know.

All invites are taken from a limited pool, so they didn't take them away from you - it's just everyone else used up their invites (and by extension that of the pool) and none were left to go around. From reading they give out invites periodically.

Any word if the Team Arena stuff will make it in at some point?

Well, I noticed they have (at least the male) TA player models in there already, so I'd wildly speculate... yes? :getmecoat

(I've noticed one or two specific "Arena" themed matches in rotation, too--are they not those?)