Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

I also happened across this unbelievable example of vacuous reporting:

tvimxovKR9M

Quote: "Yes, it seems to be true, a sequel may be getting close to..." To what, being made? No, to: "coming off the ground". Whatever that means.

Then there's this:

"Rick Rapier is the screenwriter behind the script, and we think, if all goes well, this could put on him the map."

Really! What keen insight! You mean, if an unknown screenwriter writes a hit movie, he may become a success in Hollywood? You know, you just might be right!

I've heard there's a good chance this will be a Superbowl short, rather than a remake.

And, really, do we need Bueller 2 at this point? Or at all? CHICKA-CHICK-AAAH

I've heard there's a good chance this will be a Superbowl short, rather than a remake.

And, really, do we need Bueller 2 at this point? Or at all? CHICKA-CHICK-AAAH

The film script that's going around is apparently very good... or so rumours suggest. I do think it's a bit crappy to do it after the death of John Hughes, but if it genuinely was a brilliant script, then that shouldn't stop them.

Anyways, it was a nicely done 10 second video. I hope to god this Super Bowl short doesn't ruin Ferris for me, though.

What, wasn't this just for a Honda commercial or something?

I think it's officially underwraps, but it wouldn't surprise me. I did get a little excited, though.

That guy has a really good singing voice and you could tell he made that girls day haha. You could just hear her and her friends laughing

Wow, people haven't grown tired of these "sh*t people say" videos? Although I must admit this one was actually funny!

I don't know if this is animal cruelty or hilarious, but here's some pet owners doing the Circle of Time pose with their pets:

(Bonus points for the one who actually found an appropriate rock)

ogqXU_mmOyE

Nice, very 80s. But I don't like the 3D character style.

it would have been awesome if one of the characters was named Ted and another Bill. You know... the wild stallions.

The best presidential race of all time.

As an outsider: I'm terrified both of, and for, USA. Reading n+1, Dissent, NYRB, the New Inquiry, Jacobinmag etc does that I guess.

Anyway, this is an awesome political ad from back in the day. I just love the aesthetics and the fear-mongering:

63h_v6uf0Ao

If I had the resources, I'd do bogus ads in this style.

You might know about this already, but for me it was news...

(And yeah, I think it rather belongs here than in the movie-thread...as cool as it might be)

Py_IndUbcxc

SPACE-NAZIS!...no wait, moon Nazis, wait, what?

For no other reason than I couldn’t find it here already with a quick, lazy search.

Without further ado: YATTA!

rW6M8D41ZWU