Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

I am very impressed by this.

-_IKqjb9TRY

Wow. I'd pay money to be able to walk around on an accurate representation of The Titanic. I wonder if James Cameron has seen this yet?

That's nothing. I recently had a domesticated swan charge at me when I was handing out bread to 200+ water birds. We saw eye to eye and that was terrifying.

1lMsnj4AT78

I feel this hasn't had its due praise. Fantastic, including the 'off in Kyoto' re-enactment.

David Lynch made a commercial for his coffee... and then Mattel banned it.

Here it is...

MzMIIjZsHVA

I was hoping that David Lynch Signature Coffee wasn't an actual thing. Apparently it is. :hmph:

I was hoping that David Lynch Signature Coffee wasn't an actual thing. Apparently it is. :hmph:

What can you do. The man really loves his coffee... Take heart: It's not like he's in it for the money.

Yeah, I know. I just can't escape the weird Lady Gaga Signature Perfume* vibe. I'd be interested to taste that coffee though, if only because fresh coffee has a potential to be excellent.

* Which, as Google tells me, exists and will not smell like blood and semen. Good, I guess.

Are you sure that Victoria Jackson isn't parodying the situation? It's hard to believe her behaviour is serious.

I dunno... I sort of don't want to talk about that video. There are a very, very few worthwhile points raised in it, and I do feel like the way Christians are treated in modern western society is often hypocritical. Additionally, it is a little too easy to marginalise "conservatives" (using the American version of the word) as just being racist and prejudiced. That's worth thinking about occasionally, I think.

However, most of the video, particularly where it concerns Islam, is obviously pretty mired in ignorance. I don't really know what to say about that other than that it's hard to have a genuine dialogue when many people (on both sides, much of the time) seem to be constantly and willfully ignoring any knowledge that doesn't immediately fit for them.

I dunno... I sort of don't want to talk about that video. There are a very, very few worthwhile points raised in it, and I do feel like the way Christians are treated in modern western society is often hypocritical. Additionally, it is a little too easy to marginalise "conservatives" (using the American version of the word) as just being racist and prejudiced. That's worth thinking about occasionally, I think.

It's true that Conservatives aren't outright evil, but unfortunately there are a few loud mouths among their number that spout the kind of utter and total retarded garbage you can hear in that video.

Choice quotes:

"All Muslims aren't terrorists, but ALL terrorists are Muslims – that's just a fact."

"Muslims are allowed to behead their wives legally in America."

Take Rick Perry, for instance:

0PAJNntoRgA

Also, I don't believe for a nanosecond that Christians are treated unfairly or hypocritically in the West. I think a lot of people believe they are, but I've never seen a single piece of evidence that held up to scrutiny.

What's amazing to me is that even when you take the time to explain why "news story x" has been twisted to make a story that doesn't exist (e.g. "They're trying to ban Christmas!"), people often get upset. You'd think that people would be happy to hear that things aren't as bad as they feared, but instead they get angry. It's as if they want to believe they're being treated unfairly. Which is... interesting.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001