Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

"If you look at it, the names of Pokemon are actually the names of demons. These are demonic creatures"

579px-007Squirtle.png

How so?

It is true. The fact that the jury is out on the real implications of perpetrating all that pretend violence, doesn't mean that our younger generations don't spend a lot of time killing virtual people in grizzly ways. It is a notable aspect of the world we live in. Is it literally battlefield training? Probably not, but the fact is that unmanned drones—the unequivocal success story of military robotics—are controlled with controllers that look and feel like Playstation controllers (a really scary article with some really scary bits; they also mention Big Dog). All that hand-eye coordination does come in handy.

"If you look at it, the names of Pokemon are actually the names of demons. These are demonic creatures"

579px-007Squirtle.png

That dude's name is Mammon, right? I can never remember. :shifty:

Squirtle, the ancient Chinese demon of murdering babies in their crib.

It is true. The fact that the jury is out on the real implications of perpetrating all that pretend violence, doesn't mean that our younger generations don't spend a lot of time killing virtual people in grizzly ways. It is a notable aspect of the world we live in. Is it literally battlefield training? Probably not, but the fact is that unmanned drones—the unequivocal success story of military robotics—are controlled with controllers that look and feel like Playstation controllers (a really scary article with some really scary bits; they also mention Big Dog). All that hand-eye coordination does come in handy.

I've played video games my whole life. The idea that I've become a "trained killer" is beyond absurd. Why not demonize rock and roll while you're at it? (It's the Devil's music, don't you know?)

I'm curious about that story of the ravens in the tree. I'd like to know if it actually happened, and if so, who did it? Did they put the ravens on their own tree, did someone else actually do it, and if so was it to raise their credibility or was it actually some sort of aggressive action? If it was aggressive, who the hell did it? Do they live in some place that is actually split across factions of Christians who believe in the occult and pagans who believe in the occult?

Genuinely interested by the idea that there might be some kind of dark fantasy town somewhere.

I've played video games my whole life. The idea that I've become a "trained killer" is beyond absurd. Why not demonize rock and roll while you're at it? (It's the Devil's music, don't you know?)

Hey, me too. I am not demonizing anything.

Hey, me too. I am not demonizing anything.

The video literally says: "It's very important that children are trained in ripping people's bodies to shreds. So come and buy some games with lots of killing, destruction and war."

It's about as Daily Mail as it gets, if you ask me.

I'm curious about that story of the ravens in the tree. I'd like to know if it actually happened, and if so, who did it? Did they put the ravens on their own tree, did someone else actually do it, and if so was it to raise their credibility or was it actually some sort of aggressive action? If it was aggressive, who the hell did it? Do they live in some place that is actually split across factions of Christians who believe in the occult and pagans who believe in the occult?

Genuinely interested by the idea that there might be some kind of dark fantasy town somewhere.

I like that he phrased it that "the occult came and hung about one hundred ravens in our fig tree." Not a person, just the mysterious force of the occult.

Also, occultic is not the word you're looking for, you idiot. :(

Arghhhhhh, religion.

The guy also says he converted twenty-odd 'witches' all at once. That sounds like bullshit to me.

Then again, he did offer them coffee and hot chocolate.

The guy also says he converted twenty-odd 'witches' all at once. That sounds like bullshit to me.

Then again, he did offer them coffee and hot chocolate.

I'm not a big fan of coffee, but I have gone through several religions for the sake of hot chocolate.

Seriously, though, there's such a lack of information that the conversion story could mean anything. The witches could just be low-key agnostics or even atheists who had just suffered a traumatic event (he said one had been hurt in a car crash or something, right?) and were grateful to have their basic needs seen to in a warm, safe place. In crises people are often more receptive to religion, and if he was effectively the host they wouldn't want to say anything to anger him anyway. So it's totally possible these are people who weren't particularly anti-Christian to begin with, who were having a tough time and were thankful to be treated well, and whose lack of objection and gratitude towards the church and him he interpreted as on the spot religious conversion.

On the other hand, if there actually are photographs of hundreds of ravens hung from a tree (which the host of that show claims but we never see), something clearly went on there and I want to know what. Hoax or bizarre underground occult war, I'm genuinely interested.

I'm pretty sure they're just discussing their latest LARP session. Right?

It was great, and I was buying into it, until the "voice acting" began (1.40). Then I had to turn it off. It totally blew it for me... People shouldn't be allowed to make a video if they can't tell the difference between good acting and bad acting.

I don't understand how someone can spend tens, if not hundreds, of hours making a video, and then let it fail on something so cheap and easy as someone who can convincingly act. It's especially odd because the narrator is so good.

Sorry.

Just a pet peeve.

Update: Ok, I kept watching. It's actually very good. Very well made. Some clever things. But the

he who searches for death will find it thing didn't really work for me

Edited by ThunderPeel2001