Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

Damn you, Orvidos!

(BTW, here's an hour long interview with the two people behind the videos: http://hayekcenter.org/?p=4925 -- Yes, they say it's anti-Keynes and pro-Hayek... and the director first had his interest piqued when he heard Ron Paul.)

Haha, nailed it!

eGaSxSuB2vY

This is so depressing. George Lucas needs to fuck off. Make something new, George, instead of tinkering with and lessening movies that don't need it, never did and never will.

I'm hoping he'll keep on tweaking it into his dotage, until we end up with a load of increasingly mad and inchoate edits.

This is so depressing. George Lucas needs to fuck off. Make something new, George, instead of tinkering with and lessening movies that don't need it, never did and never will.

Holy crap I thought at first it was a joke edit that someone had put together. But it's real? How is that possible? Does Lucasfilm not know the reaction the Episode III "Nooo" got?

Holy crap I thought at first it was a joke edit that someone had put together. But it's real? How is that possible? Does Lucasfilm not know the reaction the Episode III "Nooo" got?

This is what happens when you start believing your own hype. The man is apparently unbelievably stubborn. Part of me wants to see what else he's changed.... probably the part of me that has to look when I drive past an accident.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Wow. Those blu ray discs are totally on their way to my house at the moment anyway, just 'cause I wanted to own the set on blu ray, but that's still pretty bad.

Other fascinating terrible additions are blinking animations for the Ewoks (an obvious oversight in the original movies) and a significantly enlarged door for Jabba's Palace. For this particular bit of ingenious storytelling they once again have had to resort to unnatural panning and zooming techniques, fitting the original material into new CG models.

Laughed my ass off at that yesterday. Reminded me a lot of Colin's Bear Animation. :grin:

You know:

FiARsQSlzDc

I was briefly obsessed with that thing. I came back to it recently, and much of the magic was gone. I felt a little sad.

Yea. I don't get the belly aching laugh I had the first 50 times anymore, but it still makes me smile!

The raw brutality of life lost.

0l3wOT9cSg4

Have to say, the soundtrack was brilliantly chosen.

Other fascinating terrible additions are blinking animations for the Ewoks (an obvious oversight in the original movies) and a significantly enlarged door for Jabba's Palace. For this particular bit of ingenious storytelling they once again have had to resort to unnatural panning and zooming techniques, fitting the original material into new CG models.

Yes and the "scary" voice was changed when Obi-wan appears for the first time and comes to save Luke, C3PO and R2D2.

God damn Lucas, he will never stop.

At least last time he released the original trilogy separately he somehow approved to put the original movies as "bonus content". Ok it's just a basic quality print, no anamorphic widescreen or other nice things, but at least I have the movies like those should be. I didn't throw the "special edition" discs away yet, but I will. I just forgot, but now that I remember I will throw those to trash and just keep the originals.

Edited by Kolzig

eTlWBtz62Z0

I'm leaving I'm leaving I'm leaving I'm leaving I'm leaving I'm leaving I'm leeeeeeeeaving

I'm leaving I'm leaving I'm leaving I'm leaving I'm leaving I'm leaving I'm leeeeeeeeaving

That was awesome. I have two friends who are thinking of playing the game (after having played the demo) and I'm trying to decide whether to show them that or not.