Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

I didn't mean jaggies like that. With voxels the jaggies become worse when you get closer to the voxel, the jaggies will become larger than pixels. You get the same thing with semi-transparent textures. Of course you can delay that issue by using smaller voxels. With voxel technology the performance hit is more or less linear with the target resolution. See for example the next demo, it uses voxels which are ordered in a spare tree which makes voxel lookup seriously fast:

VpEpAFGplnI

I don't know that much about point clouds to know how the rastering works, but it doesn't appear to suffer much from jaggies. But I think they also use sparse trees for storage.

Another cool voxel demo:

TjmRPjnWJ5g

But the problems remains, reordering the voxels is way too expensive to do in realtime. So animation is a serious problem. Also, with sparse trees adding and removing voxels can be a hefty operation (changing the color not so much).

Talking about too much time on your hand:

rzto4N0iINg

BTW, here's Notch smacking down that 'atoms' video, twice.

Simple reason it's a scam: If they were really doing something unique they'd have millions in funding in a second. That would allow them to hire artists to show off their capabilities, instead of saying "we're a tech company, not a games company". They'll need a pretty damned impressive demo if they want to show off their capabilities, and the fact that everything they've done looks so ugly (including their company logo, video, etc.) makes them look very amateurish indeed.

So rich! Icing on the cake is that final panning shot with Superman casually entering the building with a hand bag.

Everyone used our music without permission to not make money so we're gonna use their videos without permission but here's the catch : we're gonna make a fuckton of money out of those !

Jesus, it's Blink182, what did you expect? Tepid and forgettable is their milieu.

Jesus, it's Blink182, what did you expect? Tepid and forgettable is their milieu.

Apparently their drummer is way too talented for the band. At least that's what my friends keeps telling me.