Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

Well I think she's a bloody talentless hack because of Twilight, in which her reputation as a dead plank of an actor was well deserved. I should probably, and probably will eventually, look for her in other stuff, but still.

We've already discussed how I hate everything wholesome and good, so get off my lawn with your planking, you damn kids.

:grin:

I love any and all giant bomb clips, always hilarious

Then you'll enjoy possibly the funniest thing Giant Bomb has ever done:

E6G9smtj8Do

OF3RVXvqFYA

When I went to Harry Potter for the second time in cinema yesterday (I'll probably go a third, this movie rocks), there was trailer for the new Twilight movie that could not be more boring. A bare-chested adolescent got an invitation to the wedding between that girl and Edward the vampire. Then she got pregnant, but something was wrong with the baby. Now how much fucking fun does that sound? :tdown:

When I went to Harry Potter for the second time in cinema yesterday (I'll probably go a third, this movie rocks), there was trailer for the new Twilight movie that could not be more boring. A bare-chested adolescent got an invitation to the wedding between that girl and Edward the vampire. Then she got pregnant, but something was wrong with the baby. Now how much fucking fun does that sound? :tdown:

You have NO idea.

I must admit, I've been wondering how that film would play out for a while. It's also being made into two films, right? This is just part 1? I can understand why as the last book is twice as long as the other books in the series, but it does also mean this is a huge expenditure and risk for the studio and it of course means we get twice the craziness on our screens as well.

I kind of hope they pull this off somehow as, if they can manage it, it will be a serious achievement in film making.

I must admit, I've been wondering how that film would play out for a while. It's also being made into two films, right? This is just part 1? I can understand why as the last book is twice as long as the other books in the series, but it does also mean this is a huge expenditure and risk for the studio and it of course means we get twice the craziness on our screens as well.

I kind of hope they pull this off somehow as, if they can manage it, it will be a serious achievement in film making.

No, part 1 came out last year. This is the last one. They made tons of money and... already... pulled it off...

Wait, is this post from the past? WELCOME TO THE FUTURE, CITIZEN

Wait, what? No, the trailer I saw was for part one of Breaking Bad Dawn. The last movie to come out was Eclipse, which saw the amazing cinematic feat of people running around in forests. Not since the Stargate show have so many people had so much business to do running around bushes and groves, and trees and clearings, and shrubs.

Look, I don't think I want to see Edward the vampire give a woman a C-section with his teeth. What little I saw of the Twilight movie (a middle part of New Moon) felt as though I was getting a C-section in the cinema.

Rodi, don't you ever compare Stargate and that horseshit again. Hulk smash. :getmecoat

Stargate is just people running through shrubs with snake masks on, right? And then Richard Dean Andersen, except he doesn't invent elaborate stuff.

Stargate is just people running through shrubs with snake masks on, right? And then Richard Dean Andersen, except he doesn't invent elaborate stuff.

And that's all it needs. *Crosses arms*

I stumbled across this, it's the Vocaloid characters re-enacting a musical adaptation of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. It's kind of amazing. Even if you dislike the music, you have to give it credit for the art style.

J74y88YuSJ8

I was going to say "Needs more war and xenophobia, 7/10", but then he got to

BUGGITY BUGGITY BUGGITY AMEN!

I don't understand this "buggity buggity buggity" thing that everyone seems to be reacting to. Is this a thing? Is this phrase meaningful other than something strange to put before "Amen"?

A 50 second google adventure would point to this page.

As the cars take the green flag to start each race, Waltrip shouts "Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racing boys!" This somewhat nonsensical phrase has become Waltrip's trademark in recent years. (The phrase "boogity, boogity, boogity" also appears in the 1960 doo wop parody "Who Put the Bomp" by Barry Mann.) Ray Stevens used the phrase throughout his 1974 hit, The Streak. Jerry Reed also said this phrase in the 1977 movie "Smokey and the Bandit." Interestingly, Waltrip was featured on a 1992 home video from Ray Stevens entitled the Amazing Rolling Revue. In this home video Waltrip played the part of the out of control driver of the tour bus/rolling venue. Waltrip explained that the catchphrase arose because, as a driver, he grew tired of hearing his spotter or crew chief say "green, green, green" at the start of every race and wanted to hear something more original. The catchphrase is always preceded by fellow analyst and former crew chief Larry McReynolds telling Waltrip to "reach up there and pull those belts tight one more time!"

I don't understand this "buggity buggity buggity" thing that everyone seems to be reacting to. Is this a thing? Is this phrase meaningful other than something strange to put before "Amen"?

What Thompson linked, along with the fact that it's just generally amusing.

Plus, of all the places for a preacher to come from that isn't crazily bigoted/hardcore crazy, the deep south of the US of A is. . .not where I would have expected.

And finally, it's making all the super-fanatic religites go batshit, so that's always fun.

x8oLu7znwQ0

Koala's are fucking nightmare machine animals. :blink: