Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

Ryan Davis of Giantbomb.com has this theory that Kanye West's song "Power" could score any trailer for anything.

yTGufnVLp8k

I think I hear someone else laughing a little bit during the last 10 seconds or so. My brain cannot accept that as real. Bloody funny though.

Yeah, it's amazing. So many people think it's real, but it's clearly not. She's just a really funny girl. I'd date her! :)

(Also: eHarmony doesn't have video bios - to my knowledge, and the YouTube account name is: Cara Hartmann - not Debbie something.)

Why do you have such retarded/awesome news anchors, Thompson?

It's a well established fact that every person in Australia came from convict roots, so yes, that's probably why. :grin:

Seriously though, I have no idea how that guy has a job. I guess Australians just like more personable presenters, people who actually seem like people instead of news robots.

Also Shaun Micallef.

That man is a comedy genius, although the show he's doing at the moment is pretty terrible.

They should have let Chas Licciardello tell the joke, that would have worked.

I guess Australians just like more personable presenters, people who actually seem like people instead of news robots.

I really like this in a bunch of videos I've seen from Australian news. All of the regional news presenters in my part of the UK try to be personable, yet sanitised, and as a result come over as dull, trite, and patronising. The national ones all do stuffy, stiff upper lip reporting, which is ok I suppose. When they try to have a joke though, the only way they could be more like Famous Five characters is if they actually said "Gosh, what a lark!".

So true Nach:tup: It's so painful to watch that I don't. However, the alternative i.e. 'personable' people from the masses is a far worse prospect in my opinion.

{Enid Blyton voice} I just can't stand the commoners you know. {Enid Blyton voice}