Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

I think they're just panicking over the iPad, and want to make sure Windows 8 will run on every device on the face of the earth. If this makes them restructure and modularize Windows in a better way, that's great. The video seemed to be just another layer of presentation on top of what we already know (and love) and there's no way they're breaking backwards compatibility, so I'm expecting this to be easily disableablable, and even disabled by default in the more serious businessman versions.

Yep, it looks to be a tertiary UI, Other than the obvious WP7 similarities (which I love) It reminds me of Windows Media Centre. If I had any interest in a tablet, I'd like this OS, probably streamlined, above IOS or Android.

That interface looks a lot better than I expected it to. It is a little Fisher Price® My First Pseudo-iOS™, but it doesn't look as inherently nerfed as iOS's.

What's up with the footage of the paragliding dog, that shit's not too cool. Poor mutt.

I read he might have done that because he wanted to snipe a player that hadn't placed so highly, and possibly get another two to take each other on before he had to face either. If so, nice strategic thinking :)

The only support for the idea was that he apparently didn't look annoyed when he quit and was smiling instead.

I read he might have done that because he wanted to snipe a player that hadn't placed so highly, and possibly get another two to take each other on before he had to face either. If so, nice strategic thinking :)

The only support for the idea was that he apparently didn't look annoyed when he quit and was smiling instead.

Idra doesn't smile, I mean ever.

He doesn't have emotions above saying his race is underpowered. He simply has terrible game sense. Last MLG he quit a game where Huk had a hallucinated (pretend) army. Also MMA blowing up his own comand center is ridiculous. I'd wager that Idra has aspergers also from interviews. Also dropping down then losing 4 consecutive games to the MC is embarrassing, especially with the extended series rules being in play.

Idra is such a tool.

This happened after:

ajFtc.gif

Give it a chance to get funny.

dJ8w9g17Y0s

Who does a repost against a child?!

On the Idra front, here's Incontrol talking about it.

_JbxxOy5HqA

Also, what happened directly after that first video.

3JS9eCHUtTw

ALSO, you can watch the entire game

. Edited by Thompson

I'm not entirely sure where Artosis and Tasteless went from being incredibly annoying for me, to the best commentators ever (almost a good year ago now, mind) but I really do enjoy their stuff. Banter and all.

It does mean Good Game. I love Day9's commentaries. He's a sympathetic dude.

It does mean Good Game. I love Day9's commentaries. He's a sympathetic dude.

So how does it work in the context it's being used here? "Weird GG"?

So how does it work in the context it's being used here? "Weird GG"?

gg is a sign of concession, understanding the other player has bested you.

Or it can be a conciliatory "I beat you but you played very well".

Or it can be a conciliatory "I beat you but you played very well".

If that is not a response to their gg, it is considered bad manner. In a tournament the typing of gg means that player has lost.

You don't GG until you've lost or the other player has GG'd to concede. (Although a lot of times in Starcraft 2 people quit the game before the other player has a chance to type it.)

If you GG the other player expecting them to concede that's bad manner because it implies that you knew better than they did that they'd lost.

If you don't GG when you leave a game that's bad manner because it implies that you didn't think the other player was any good.

It's basically an expected pleasantry, even if you thought the game was terrible you have to GG to show that you respect the other player. Idra has a bad reputation for being a rage quity, direspectful jerk, and for good reason.

You might also see GG WP, this is for when you think your opponent played especially well, it means Good Game Well Played.

The other thing you must do is GLHF at the start of the game, it's another expected pleasantry meaning Good Luck Have Fun. You'll also sometimes see GG GL or GG HF or HF GG or any other combination of anonyms, but whatever you use at the start, you still have to GG at the end of the game.

Bad manners? Shome mishtake shurely.

Anyway, there used to be a chorus of 'gg' after a hard fought and won/lost game of CS. Don't get much of that now (gg, not CS) ;(