Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

That fucking interviewer is a sanctimonious cowbag. I think the song is no different to all the other crap songs like that in the charts (:oldman:)

Also, Subbes, your Tanu comment made me chuckle. Sorry Tanu

Rodi, I'd love to hear your song about monkeys in trouble! Sounds great!

Edited by Armchair General

Why do french people put spaces between words and punctuation ?

Purely to annoy you. There's a class in all French écoles titled "ow to annoy zis one personne, Keeengzjhesterrrr."

:gaming:

Only double punctuations get an nonbreaking space (une espace insécable in french). : ; ? !

The other ones don't.

Supposedly it's to emphasize the punctuation and represent the fact that you breathe when they appear.

Also, it's a nightmare for graphic designers such as I because people don't type naturally with nonbreaking spaces and so you end up with a line starting with a lone punctuation if you're not careful.

And of course you have remember that when you're typing in english and not put your space there! Which I tend to forget a lot :)

I have the monkeysong somewhere on tape and on video. To my infinite disgrace, it aired on public television on a children's show with puppets. I am the Dutch Rebecca Black. HOWEVER, I don't have pretty black hair, but will see if I can dig up a digital copy somewhere, or create one.

I need to digitize some tapes anyway, since my father had the strangest Deep Purple music phase when he was a teen and there's a tape full of subterranean, Ad Visser-esque chanting and noise with him and his band Electric Mission. Musical gold, people.

M-m-m-m-monster post. I was away for a while.

wARB2COiwZc

Comment from friend on seeing this: "The man inside is jizzing continuously. Tomorrow, he will be dead"

rTUwqxHpXMY

Someone in Japan made this to explain Fukushima and reassure children. It gets extra surreal after 1.30:

5sakN2hSVxA

Seriously, banjos for Chernobyl? Like it was some kind of crazy jape in Hazzard County?

Also, Robert Florence has been working on a new series of Burnistoun and posted this today:

YcwuS7v6vQI

Steve Goodie has done a bajillion Harry Potter songs, this is one of them:

tytOwMLqufg

If it looks strange it's because each part is done by a different animator, I actually know one of them from Deviantart!

Also.... CAKE!

e10Zo-2KEIM

Someone in Japan made this to explain Fukushima and reassure children. It gets extra surreal after 1.30:

5sakN2hSVxA

Interesting to see the world map like that. Is that how the Japanese traditionally depict the globe?

I 'spose I *could* have just googled it myself. Was just interested at the world view.

Dam' you and your google-fu. Although mine was particularly weak.

Gah, that high pitch tone is so damn annoying.

The rest of it, however, is hilarious.

The rest of it, however, is hilarious.

I should probably have mentioned that far more important fact, yes.

m-MFQRhKq9I

That wasn't necessarily comical—a little punny at best—pretty rad all the same; DJ Food & Ken Nordine. Also an excuse to post this fun photo, the accompanying excerpt and a link to the full article in Vanity Fair of all places. It was hard to pick just one paragraph, the whole article is quite juicy with outrage:

top-one-percent.jpg

Foreign policy, by definition, is about the balancing of national interests and national resources. With the top 1 percent in charge, and paying no price, the notion of balance and restraint goes out the window. There is no limit to the adventures we can undertake; corporations and contractors stand only to gain. The rules of economic globalization are likewise designed to benefit the rich: they encourage competition among countries for business, which drives down taxes on corporations, weakens health and environmental protections, and undermines what used to be viewed as the “core” labor rights, which include the right to collective bargaining. Imagine what the world might look like if the rules were designed instead to encourage competition among countries for workers. Governments would compete in providing economic security, low taxes on ordinary wage earners, good education, and a clean environment—things workers care about. But the top 1 percent don’t need to care.

Full thing is here.

Edit: Really interesting article Kingz. The housing crises, recession and resulting economic "reforms" seem to be vapourising the middle class.

--

Something says to me that this video shouldn't be funny, but set against the title "Cool guy has chill day" it makes me giggle like a loon.

4txVqr1eNwc

Edited by Nachimir

Something says to me that this video shouldn't be funny, but set against the title "Cool guy has chill day" it makes me giggle like a loon.

That video has no right to be as funny as it is.

Oh god you couldn't be more right about that video. Absolutely hilarious, but I can't even articulate why. I lost it when he started chasing the kids around

I actually clapped, slowly, after that. Magnificent. Thanks TP!

Ha! That ad was one of the Golden Lion winners (best ad awards at Cannes) last year. My theater runs a week-long show of the winners each year, so I've seen it quite a few times. It is indeed pretty good.

As for Cool Guy, what the fuck why can't I stop laughing?

As for "Why are you showing Ads at an art-house theater?": You try getting people to come in in -40 C weather. It's pretty much the only thing that makes any money in January.

Yes, it's edited, but I just can't get over how seriously she takes it.

osfEQTR-45M

Wrong video. Still fantastic!