Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

why? just looks like a random collection of clips of Orange & Teal... and a few color movies

Lol. Very droll. The music and the editing makes it fun to watch. At least, it was for me.

nF3ypL0hCuI

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Fantastic, thanks for sharing.

kQTW7Pd1vqc

Low-brow? Yes.
Hilarious? Undoubtedly. Edited by Thompson

I'm sure everyone's seen this already but it's so awesome. I've watched it a few times and I catch a new subtle joke everytime

tw7CKnfk4JY

Old; but I've only just seen it. It's fucking mint:

h_6lyPEuM_M

Ironic that by the time I see this that the company behind it (apparently an internet TV channel) ceased production 18 months ago.

9NOHFy1Arf8

Ok, fuck this culture. These assholes on a fucking morning show no one watches find it a splendid fun time to bully a 13-year-old as if somehow her weird song is reprehensible moral turpitude. Journalism everyone! I bet they sucked some politician cock in the next segment, for balancing with some levity. Christ.

Also, finally a plausible explanation of how this bizarre cultural artifact came to be.

:davidbrent::tommy::hat1::sartre::wtf:

Ok, fuck this culture. These assholes on a fucking morning show no one watches find it a splendid fun time to bully a 13-year-old as if somehow her weird song is reprehensible moral turpitude. Journalism everyone! I bet they sucked some politician cock in the next segment, for balancing with some levity. Christ.

It is pretty reprehensi- wait, she just said that she wanted to sing a song with Justin Beiber. Go ahead news networks, do your worst.

9NOHFy1Arf8

Also, finally a plausible explanation of how this bizarre cultural artifact came to be.

:davidbrent::tommy::hat1::sartre::wtf:

That's messed up. I feel terrible for that girl now, and am incredibly impressed with her response to some of that shit that people are saying. "That was the worst thing I've ever heard. I'll never get that girl's voice out of my head." "Well, that's an accomplishment at least." Fuck yeah it is, you tell 'em!

It is pretty reprehensi- wait, she just said that she wanted to sing a song with Justin Beiber. Go ahead news networks, do your worst.

Eh, whatever. She's an 8th grade kid. If we're judged by the music we like in Junior High School, I'm pretty sure each one of us would have something horrible that they're ashamed of. Hell, in 8th grade, I owned a Limp Bizkit album. That's pretty fucking low as well.

That interview just seems like a desperate attempt to make a 14-year-old girl cry. Pretty sad.

When I was twelve I performed a song I wrote myself about monkeys in trouble and the environment before hundreds of people. If the internet had existed then like it did today, I would've been destroyed. People are the worst assholes. Dick hole black holes.

When I was twelve I performed a song I wrote myself about monkeys in trouble and the environment before hundreds of people. If the internet had existed then like it did today, I would've been destroyed. People are the worst assholes. Dick hole black holes.

You weren't trying to sell your song commercially through a company though, were you? Bottom line is, if you are trying to get people's money off them they have every right to express their opinion.

You weren't trying to sell your song commercially through a company though, were you? Bottom line is, if you are trying to get people's money off them they have every right to express their opinion.

Are you a customer of her music? No? Well stop being a dick, she's a god damn kid, leave her alone.

Seriously who cares if Justin Bieber is popular, he'll be gone in a few years, or will mature. If you don't like it stay away from it.

I think my issue with her at this point is, it isn't news. . .yeah, I'm not a fan of the song, I've snarked at it, but. . .it's not news that the internet is making fun of someone. (As Squid pointed out, GMA isn't news, per say, but. . .christ.)

Are you a customer of her music? No? Well stop being a dick, she's a god damn kid, leave her alone.

Seriously who cares if Justin Bieber is popular, he'll be gone in a few years, or will mature. If you don't like it stay away from it.

Nope. I won't.

You do things, you create them and what do you want me to do ? Ignore them ? approve of them ? No, I'm not bullying her, but if I met her face to face I would say that getting so much attention gives you responsibilities. Amongst them, taking criticisms along with love.

And fuck me but she deserves a fucklot of them.

If the song was good but not to my taste I would shut up but that is objectively a very low quality song.

D'ju guys miss the part where the whole video was a present from her parents? They hired some dudes who specialize in selling these sort of experiences to rich people's kids. She had nothing to do with the song herself. Or the video. Also she can sing, but they instructed her to sing in that weird register that they could then badly autotune... only so that she can be bullied by journalists or whatever those people fancy themselves to be.

No, I'm not bullying her, but if I met her face to face I would say that getting so much attention gives you responsibilities. Amongst them, taking criticisms along with love.

So in this case that would amount to taking a lot of shit because you are getting a lot of shit?

Most of the 'criticism' towards her isn't actual criticism by any standard.

Attack and criticism are different things. "I hope you get an eating disorder and bleed out after cutting yourself" does not count as the latter.

None of us are claiming it's a good song (it's not, IMO), but the response to it is atrocious. She doesn't deserve it.

Mmm, when you put yourself out there with a 'creative' or 'entertainment' item, you expect the usual response of criticism on the item itself, but you get extra - feedback on you as a person. Music and other media include a lot of focus on the person as well as the product (perhaps because in pop, the person is the product?) - I doubt she expected that.

I wonder when criticism became so personal? Was it when radio and TV allowed for more of a concept of media as formed by humans, and a focus on creators rather than creations, or was it already happening before then?

(Anne Brontë got a scathing review of The Tenant of Wildfell Hall accusing that Acton & Currer Bell (the pen names of her and her sister, Charlotte) were one Yorkshire woman, but certainly never one suggesting they get eating disorders.)

But! Don't let me Tanu this thread, it's meant to be about funny videos. Sorry!

Edited by subbes
I really need a Sub Ed.

And just to repeat this: She did not write the song, nor did she have any artistic input. She was simply asked to sing in it and perform in the video.

If you want to get angry about the artistic quality of the song, then take aim at the people who wrote it, recorded it, and made the damn video!

Personal attacks are not criticism.

Leave Britney Rebecca alone!!!

I don't think she was asked, purely: her parents paid Ark some money. That doesn't excuse the drubbing though.

I don't think she was asked to do it under torture so…

Also, over-reacting a bit are we ? I only said that the song is shit and never attacked her personally did I ?

Why do french people put spaces between words and punctuation ? I really don't understand it as it makes no sense … it just allows things to wrap weirdly .