Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

Wow, thanks for the context. That's fascinating, and something I expect will happen more with older bits of media from our own cultures too.

Eagerly waiting for God of War III, watching reviews, looking at screenshots, all while humming the God of War ("The End Begins") theme? Ever asked yourself what the heck they are singing about? Someone translated it:

eYe9wc1q5qE

(Unveil after watching the video)

And if you're interested what the heck they are actually singing:

Chinese girl stands in a dim stairwell in a nightgown, playing on residents fear of the Grudge I guess? Can't decide if it's staged...

I think it's staged. Maybe a parady on the currently popular "scary girl" characters in horror movies? Or on smth. from chinese pop-culture, maybe.

If it's not staged, I don't get why the poeple are so terrified by her. The most I would expect is a light boggle, because they are not expecting smb. to stand there.

I can already see her, riding in on the big dog cavalry, on a mission to destroy humanity.

I can already see her, riding in on the big dog cavalry, on a mission to destroy humanity.

I'd take a trip into her uncanny valley.

I really just wanted to make an uncanny valley joke. Sorry. :getmecoat

Even scarier than Actroid's face are her big sausage fingers.

Osaka University... are they the ones, who also designed the bizarre taxi robot from Total Recall?

0H5k--n7sFI

I can't think why they would choose to make a female robot...

When they have become as sophisticated as the Lucy Liu bot in the Futurama episode you may change your mind.

-

EyM0wpqhPKQ

H3_pnuZhpIg

Yo, yo, yo, whaddup, det Crystal Method is too good. What is the G, yo? Oh shit, it's Mario Zeldensteeeiiiiin!

Nintendo sure is a great company to work for.