Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

Feist

I briefly tested the demo (or alpha, beta, whatever) some time ago and wasn't very impressed. The controls felt somewhat awkward and I was mostly stuck at random places. The art style was kind of neat though and things have probably been improved by now.

I briefly tested the demo (or alpha, beta, whatever) some time ago and wasn't very impressed. The controls felt somewhat awkward and I was mostly stuck at random places. The art style was kind of neat though and things have probably been improved by now.

What he said.

It's beautiful, visually, but the controls are kind of floaty and the goals of the game are rather... vague. Got stuck in some place thanks to some rocks falling on me or something. I can't remember. It seems like it has potential but it has a long way to go.

The characters made me think of some of the smaller/creepier creatures from Moomin. I think there were some others that were more similar, but I can't find them on the interconnected nets.

Haisuli.jpg

TofslanochVifslan.gif

groke.gif

I've only ever seen the TV show, and it was called "The Moomins" here.

It was creepy, but also sort of cool.

I've only ever seen the TV show, and it was called "The Moomins" here.

It was creepy, but also sort of cool.

There's been a load of different TV shows over the years. The one I grew up with was the stop-motion animation. I was really scared by that witch-type character that comes in the night and freezes the ground she walks on.

Oh man, here it is. I haven't seen that in decades. Brrr!

Or maybe I was thinking of The Groke

Oh man, here it is. I haven't seen that in decades. Brrr!

Or maybe I was thinking of The Groke

Those are awesome, it may have been the Lady of the Cold episode but I'm sure I remember a short stop motion film that scared the crap out of me. Also I remember it being black & white, although maybe it was just the T.V. that was black & white :shifty:

Feist is weird. On one hand, it seems like a filler game. I have been playing it between longer sessions of Life Is Strange and others. But it's really intense for a filler! And I think that's why it is one for me: it's too intense to play for very long.

The physics-based combat is really well done. The controls may be a bit floaty, but I like them after getting used to them. And it's actually a hard game. It combines combat and puzzles in a way that bears some similarity to Hotline Miami, and this means you are going to fail and fail and fail some more difficult parts. I'm not THAT thrilled about this repetetive failing part, but on the other hand I enjoy having a real challenge for a while, especially between longer sessions of lighter games. Thankfully, there are also some parts you can just rush through if you are lucky.

I really love the look and feel and the physicality of things. It's really solidly designed.