Wrestlevania

Nifty browser games (inc. Flash)

We've not had a browser games thread for a while (I think), so I was sure you lot would have some new treats to share.

My latest find is Evacuation!. It's a Flash puzzle game set on a space ship. The object of each level is to "space" all the man-eating aliens, without jettisoning too many of the human passengers as well. It's a simple game, but gets fiendishly difficult in later levels. :tup:

It's a pretty good design. What's not obvious from the start, too, is that each level is generative so each playthrough is different. This might make some situations that are, well, less than ideal.

But I do like how the better you do (save lots of people) the harder it becomes (get more officers). You're in control of how difficult you want it to be.

Opening brown and green doors would solve that without spacing any of your guys. However, confronted with that situation I wouldn't be able to resist spacing every last one of them to hear those delightful little squeals ¬¬

Does Quake Live count?

It's a (free) port of Quake 3 arena to the browser environment. I'm an Unreal Tournament fan myself, but it's not bad at all. Downloaded very quickly too, so I'm not sure what the disk usage is.

Does Quake Live count?

It's a (free) port of Quake 3 arena to the browser environment. I'm an Unreal Tournament fan myself, but it's not bad at all. Downloaded very quickly too, so I'm not sure what the disk usage is.

It's still in a 'closed' beta. What's your quakelive name? I'll add you. (I'm ysbreker, obviously)

How 'bout Adventure Quest Worlds. Open Gamma, MMO, one server where everyone can chat as long as they confirm their email, a storyline soon to be. What more could you want.

Fantastic contraption has fucking stolen my day. I have listened to three podcasts playing this thing... today. I'm not smart enough for it, so getting through levels takes ages. This one took me the duration of the new UK podcast (which was great!):

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=5489922

It's still in a 'closed' beta.

Balls, thought as much. I've been on the beta list since they started taking addresses--still haven't heard anything. :hmph:

We've not had a browser games thread for a while (I think), so I was sure you lot would have some new treats to share.

My latest find is Evacuation!. It's a Flash puzzle game set on a space ship. The object of each level is to "space" all the man-eating aliens, without jettisoning too many of the human passengers as well. It's a simple game, but gets fiendishly difficult in later levels. :tup:

Aargh, I hate this game! I've played a couple of games every day, but I always make some stupid mistake just when I'm about to beat my high score.

The promotion system makes it really hard. By the time I make a mistake, all by guys are officers. I am giving serious consideration to flushing everyone bar the captain right at the start.

The promotion system makes it really hard. By the time I make a mistake, all by guys are officers. I am giving serious consideration to flushing everyone bar the captain right at the start.

I think your score depends on the number of people though.