Wrestlevania

Nifty browser games (inc. Flash)

Something for Samorost fans: http://www.alchemiagame.com/

The puzzles are easier, though, or at least more self-contained.

Strangely enjoyable. Reminded me a bit of Drawn: The Painted Tower.. though I don't think I know why. Maybe the artsy feel of it. Either way, thanks for the tip!

Edit: I had to remark on the music in Alchemia. Eh, it was pretty great.

That's it.

Edited by Hyetal
adding something

Idle Thumbs did a review back in the day of this website that was full of flash games, and now I can't find the review or the site. I remember most of the games had fluffy animals and stuff, one of them had little piggies that you could drop on one another to form a totem-kinda-thing and one had newly hatched birds and one had a bicycle...

Does this ring a bell?

:buyme:

EDIT: Found it. After I found old.idlethumbs.net. :P

I find Jayisgames to be a pretty good collection of reviews. In any case, following links from there will get you a nice fews portals to scoot around.

Currently my flash favourites are:

Bubble cannon 2 (Sweet Jesus this is addictive). http://www.thegamehomepage.com/play/bubble-cannon-2/

Drop Sum2: http://www.mygamingwebsite.com/games/dropsum/dropsum.html

That Bubble game is damned addictive. 26 is my best so far, which is pretty lame. Great mixture of Puzzle Bobble and er, snooker. Which is actually very good.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Sushi Cat is kinda like Gish meets Peggle with awfully cute design. You play a rotund feline whose only ambition is to get as fat as possible in order to impress the girl of his dreams. To do that, you have to find and eat as much sushi as possible.

Gameplay is a pure Peggle ripoff, but there's an added level of complexity in that the cat gets fatter and squishier the more sushi he eats.

I think it's pretty fun. O: It's like the WarioWare of JRPGs.

Or the Half-Minute Hero of flash games? By the way...have any thumbs played Half-Minute Hero? That shit looked really awesome but I don't have a PSP and I really don't want to buy one. Also: Patchwork Heroes.

I liked Half Minute Hero quite a lot. I played through all modes, and found the writing to be very charming, the gameplay to be interesting, and the overall experience to be well worth the money I paid for it. I remember talking to Wrestlevania about it, and he seemed to not have liked it at all. If I recall correctly though, he was playing a Japanese import. If I'm right, and assuming that said import was not in English, he would have been missing out on a good portion of the charm however. It's a great little send-up of the traditional RPG, and manages to present a good set of adventure/puzzles that never get frustrating but always keep you on your toes. I would recommend it.

I dunno, I've never heard of Half-Minute Hero, let alone played it, but I've had the Japanese version of that flash game in my bookmarks for months! My limited understanding of the language prevented me from being able to finish half the games. D:

Reset Generation. It's ostensibly an N-Gage game, but they've also made a fully-featured free web-based version. This game is great, especially in multiplayer. It's turn based strategy with elements of puzzle and party games mixed in. And there's a full single-player campaign.

Give it a try.

I has been a while since I played a game as frustrating as Reset Generation. It's got some good mechanics, but the balancing is way off.

no link coz im on my phone but, Gemcraft by armour games is a pretty sweet tower defense game, u put gems into already positioned towers and the gems do the shootin, each colour has individual affects and they can all be combined together to make stronger gems ie level 1 gem + level 1 gem = level 2 gem, and the best part is the score is cumulative and can then be use to buy upgrades and there are billions of levels u unlock as u progress, i found it at tower dense.net, it was in the top ten games

Hmph. I wouldn't call that a big payoff :-/ (Maybe you got my expectations too high?)

Yeah, I was expecting to grow so big that the little cube you'd been hopping around in turned into a little dot. Still had a cool last puzzle:

I kept running around the end zone thinking that my game was glitched, then it clicked that I needed to change my size to finish the game.

PlayPen: http://playpen.farbs.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

It's a collaborative, visual, choose-your-own-adventure wiki thing. Anyone can add in new screens and links between screens. It's already fascinating to explore and see what people have already made.

Yeah, was playing with this earlier. If you go west from the hedge maze, you'll find my scene of peaceful contemplation.

Freedom Bridge

Play it.

(Also, take that Ebert)

Is that a game? Take that design.

(honestly is it a game or is it a statement/narrative? because what I played wasnt a game by my definition, but maybe I'm too stupid to figure it out)

Ex: If it is a game there could be a different outcome to my actions, if there is not then why couldn't this be written text or a motion sequence?