Chris

Idle Thumbs 13: Manipulated Through Time

It's like Christmas and a satisfying crotch scratch, all rolled into one! At least, I presume it is.

Damn right. Not only do we get new people, we get quality old ones back as well!
Man, I am flattered, touched, etc.

I have come to realize (and not fight the fact) that I am a Remo fangirl of some sort. I've spent the last three (+?) years skipping around the internets getting my hit of quality game-based coverage and pondering from the fine web institutions that patronized him. It only made sense that I would sooner or later venture back into this hive of scumm and villainy. So hi, how's it goin?

:pwned:

Man, I am flattered, touched, etc.

I have come to realize (and not fight the fact) that I am a Remo fangirl of some sort. I've spent the last three (+?) years skipping around the internets getting my hit of quality game-based coverage and pondering from the fine web institutions that patronized him. It only made sense that I would sooner or later venture back into this hive of scumm and villainy. So hi, how's it goin?

:pwned:

:period:

Operation Neptune was one of the greatest games I played as a kid. I do remember turning down the difficulty on all the math questions, though. The gameplay was pretty decent, I remember the music being cool, and I played through the entire game twice. Come to think if it, it might have even been the first game I ever beat. Wow.

I remember a Kingzjester from the Adventure Gamer forums having some sort of adventure game project with swanky graphics.

On the topic of silent protagonists, I thought the short IF game Gun Mute did a good job of making the player character's muteness into a character trait as opposed to the blank slate approach.

And thanks for the Spelunky recommendation. It's such a difficult game, but the deaths are hilarious enough to keep you going. Keep with it, though, since later worlds have different traps and enemies and reaching them enough times gives you a shortcut to later levels.

I just downloaded Spelunky. Isn't some of the art (and sounds) taken from Doukutsu Monogatari? Or perhaps they both got it from the same source...

[edit] after taking a closer look, it doesn't look exactly the same, just very similar in style.