ThunderPeel2001

The greatest headlines in the world (and other weird news stories)

Not just one, but two stories about the Westboro Baptist Church protesting a five-year-old girl's lemonade stand.

I...what...how?

I am so sad that there are human beings that despicable.

True, but I'm delighted they're so ignorant of the Streisand Effect. In terms of PR, a fundraiser couldn't ask for much better than such cartoon, moustache twirling antagonists to their cause.

They spout the worst, most repugnant hate, yet seem to have none of the charisma of other cults or dictators.

True, but I'm delighted they're so ignorant of the Streisand Effect. In terms of PR, a fundraiser couldn't ask for much better than such cartoon, moustache twirling antagonists to their cause.

They spout the worst, most repugnant hate, yet seem to have none of the charisma of other cults or dictators.

I always wonder how much money is generated by people who support causes just to spite the WBC.  I have to imagine it's a lot.

They've definitely done a good job in re-affirming my belief that God does not exist.

They've definitely done a good job in re-affirming my belief that God does not exist.

He's probably just too embarrassed to speak up.

Speaking of doubting God exists, there's a monument to Atheism now.

That's kind of stupid but with all the religious propaganda that gets put up all over the place it is nice to have some contrast.

I do wish atheism had more of a voice in this country. I still don't understand why so many people accept that it is okay for groups to plaster pictures of aborted fetuses all over college campuses and publicly preach about how gay people are going to hell and then freak out when an atheist group posts a little sign that says god doesn't exist.

That's kind of stupid but with all the religious propaganda that gets put up all over the place it is nice to have some contrast.

The best thing about the monument is that it's a bench you can sit upon and read the Ten Commandments that also stand in front of the courthouse.

As an irreligionist and rationalist (usually included as part of atheism) I've got mixed feelings about things like this. I understand the idea, but the message makes it look like a religion.

As an irreligionist and rationalist (usually included as part of atheism) I've got mixed feelings about things like this. I understand the idea, but the message makes it look like a religion.

I agree and that is the side of me that thinks it's stupid. Them making those claims on the monument about what atheism is about makes it sound like all atheists hold those beliefs when it is really the lack of belief that defines atheism (from my point of view at least). That being said I do think it is a good message.

I'm okay with it because it's directly across from a religious monument with the ten commandments on it.  It's like a video game, you walk between them and hit A or B to gain reputation points with that faction.

I'm okay with it because it's directly across from a religious monument with the ten commandments on it. It's like a video game, you walk between them and hit A or B to gain reputation points with that faction.

Woah, the next generation of moral choice.

Volkan the Intruder: Man in Underpants Partied in Merkel's Jet

On the night of July 25, a 24-year-old man clutching a bag full of marijuana and ecstasy pills managed with relative ease to get on board an empty government jet used frequently by Chancellor Angela Merkel, while it was parked at a closed military section of the Cologne airport.

The man, a bodybuilder of Turkish descent named as Volkan T., proceeded to stage a raucous, one-man party. Reports said he stripped down to his underpants, sprayed fire extinguisher foam around the elegant cream and beige interior, pushed buttons in the cockpit, released an inflatable emergency slide and danced on the wing of the Airbus 319.

The plane, which is also used by other top state officials including President Joachim Gauck, was delivered three years ago and is one of two medium range A319 jets in the government fleet.