elmuerte

Game Damage

They should really stop looking at the camera... really.

They should maybe stop loving themselves so much. :fart:

That's more my problem with this and a lot of game review/critique shows like this. Many hosts seem so ingratiated with how clever and sarcastic they are and it makes me cringe.

Something like GamePro was enormously cheesy and very aged, but the hosts were just there doing their job, so that us 7 year old extreme skateboarders in the US could relate. And they gave free codes, cowabunga dudes. FACTAROO WOLVERINE ALRRIIIGIGHT. I hardly remember most of these games though, many of them seem really obscure.

EDIT: Oh my how the B-Man has aged...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0397162/

I think Game Damage could learn a few things from GameLife.

I agree.... i miss game life :(

That GamePro is totally awesome (or radical, dude). It had more content in 5 minutes than the entire episode of Game Damage and whilst it was humongously cheesy I didn't find it at all cringe worthy. 'Course, Spaff is right in saying we had it better with GamesMaster, but...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wkmsh_whBoQ (4:40)

Dave Perry (sic) then says; "and some of you might say Doom. Why isn't Doom in our top 5. Well Doom came along on the crest of the PC wave, but 7th Guest was there at the ripple" :erm:

What exactly does he mean by that? Those games were both released in 1993. I don't know how far apart they were spaced, but that seems like an odd distinction.

The only thing I really liked was Yahtzee's Videogaiden-esque rant on the death of adventuregames (the other rants were watchable too!). I felt a genuine slice of passion there, the setting was good and it didn't matter that it was scripted. More of that; less of the wooden stiffs on the sofa, please.

I thought Yahtzee's rant was as lazy and redundant as the Duke Nukem Forever 'skits'. Almost every point he made could have been made, and was made, about ten years ago, and better.

The show was awkward, and although it's their first bash at doing a show together, I don't think the chemistry bodes well.