elmuerte

Game Damage

Apparently yahtzee and some of his friends scrabble and boggle (not their real nicks) have a TV show (live action):

http://www.gamedamage.net/

It's like idle thumbs episodes with guns... erm.. video

I still have one on them, because I use it as my philosophical ethic.

Man, that was horrible. I only watched the first few minutes because it was so forced and stilted :(

Zero Punctuation is great because it's a no-bullshit subversive review skit. That was so formulaic it hurts

Yes, way too forced, and they are also watching way too much into the camera.

The player didn't let me watch more than 5 minutes or so and I was totally ok with that.

The titles sequence was sort of cool, but one of the guys looks like he's in the middle of taking a shit when previewing an upcoming game. Hard not to laugh.

Made it all the way through, but by the end I'd gotten distracted and was surfing other things in another tab. Not the best show, really.

While it's not outstanding, I don't think I could give it a full-blown thumbs down. I'd say it's something with potential that fails some pretty basic TV principles and is mildly up its own arse (Ideal for Idle Thumbs readers, then!), but delivers worthwhile content.

what the FUCK was that?

i felt embarrassed to be watching it

Yeah, it really seems like the kind of thing you'd see on children's afternoon programming, or at least the kind of thing I remember seeing on children's afternoon programming when no such thing existed for games.

Yeah, it really seems like the kind of thing you'd see on children's afternoon programming, or at least the kind of thing I remember seeing on children's afternoon programming when no such thing existed for games.

Selective memory is selective

:shifty:

I'm not sure if Yahtzee was just doing his trademark thing, or if his general air of disdain was genuine. Wouldn't be surprised at the latter.

Haha, I never knew that existed!

I don't know what you are trying to say, that is so much more entertaining than Game Damage, BUD YEAH! WARP CITY! AM I IN SAN FRANCISCO OR WHAT?!

On a side note, I am glad DVD killed VHS so that I never have to mess with the tracking ever again.

Oh man, the dudeage becomes just incredible after 8:20, and again just before 15:30. Also:

Keep the gamelab eggheads on edge. We like it that way.
Edited by Nachimir

I think Yahtzee and his somewhat soulless sidekicks could make a really nice show, but this isn't it. It's way too fake. Every time Yahtzee comes with his conspicuously scripted monologues it's cringeworthy, because they're presenting it as being 'real'. Zero Punctuation doesn't have to be real, in fact it works because it's able to indulge in the most contrived sentences ever created. Game Damage needs something else. Also, all of the jokes fall on their face because the show cuts to one of the anchors laughing sheepishly. Come on, guys! The skits are unfunny (their absurdism doesn't work).

The only thing I really liked was Yahtzee's Videogaiden-esque rant on the death of adventuregames (the other rants were watchable too!). I felt a genuine slice of passion there, the setting was good and it didn't matter that it was scripted. More of that; less of the wooden stiffs on the sofa, please.

That GamePro is totally awesome (or radical, dude). It had more content in 5 minutes than the entire episode of Game Damage and whilst it was humongously cheesy I didn't find it at all cringe worthy. 'Course, Spaff is right in saying we had it better with GamesMaster, but...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wkmsh_whBoQ (4:40)

Games that changed the world: 7th Guest
Dave Perry (sic) then says; "and some of you might say Doom. Why isn't Doom in our top 5. Well Doom came along on the crest of the PC wave, but 7th Guest was there at the ripple" :erm: