Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Idle Thumbs 10: The Ballad of John Riccitiello

I can't confirm having not played it yet, but another podcast praised Prince of Persia for having completely OPTIONAL dialog between the Prince and Elika. Not sure if that is the same as the cutscenes you refer to or not though.

But you wouldn't be wrong about 2 things in one podcast now, would you?! :eek:

I would feel like an idiot if so, but I don't know how. I was being honest when I said I tried every single button the controller. I can't imagine how you'd skip it, unless there's actually an option to just turn off character interaction, which would be weird.

I would feel like an idiot if so, but I don't know how. I was being honest when I said I tried every single button the controller. I can't imagine how you'd skip it, unless there's actually an option to just turn off character interaction, which would be weird.

There is no way to skip the main story cutscenes, you were correct.

The other dialogue scenes between the prince/Elika are totally optional though (pressing LB on 360, dunno what it is on PC).

There is no way to skip the main story cutscenes, you were correct.

The other dialogue scenes between the prince/Elika are totally optional though (pressing LB on 360, dunno what it is on PC).

Ah yeah, I'm aware of those. I think I alluded to them on the podcast but I may not have been clear in my explanation.

Ah yeah, I'm aware of those. I think I alluded to them on the podcast but I may not have been clear in my explanation.

No, you were clear. I just wanted to clarify for the thread.

I agree with Chris (and Tycho) totally about Danté's Inferno. It's such a dumb match of source material and game genre. I like action games and killing stuff aplenty - but not every story can be told through the medium of dance slaughter. It's really really dumb. It's stupid. It's idiotic. It is other terms meaning mentally deficient. This game concept is mentally deficient.

I'm really not exaggerating when I say that it is this kind of thing which stops people in other creative industries from taking gaming seriously.

Oh, and another great episode guys :tup: I must remember to type up some goty.cx nominations.

I'm undressing as I type this, ready to listen, take it all in.

Wrong thread, that should be [thread=6146]here[/thread]

seg.to is expensive, but goodseg.com is live (or should be).

Nice one!

Damn, I wish I could somehow get a wunderboner in time for christmas.

Yes, good work fellas. The Faust–EA opera gave me a
, and such etc.

Entry for sexyfail?!

"The wunderboner!?. My wife would like that."

Chris, you're dead to me until you give cryptonomicon another try. :shifty:

Great episode though! :tup:

That song was fantastic. My god. Well done, guys. I've written an entry for goty.cx now as well.

ugh... my new website is taking a shit load of time to make. I think I'm half done, already worked for two days on it. Anyway, it's going to be awesome.

erm.. I mean, it will blow your mind

Edited by elmuerte

I'm having some trouble seeing this properly, though I can tell that it's probably awesome. Which browsers are supported? In Safari I see an image (garden of eden painting type thingie) stuck half way in that center frame and in Mozilla I don't see any graphics. I'm on a Mac though so maybe that borks it all.

Seg and wunderboner sites are fantastic. Wunderboner could be improved slightly by delaying the redirect by 1 or 2 seconds. When viewed locally the timing is probably just perfect, but generally it takes 1-2 sec for the page to load from the server so it cuts off the end of the .wav.

This is amazing shit though. I love this stuff!!!!

I tested it with MSIE7 and Firefox 3. And just tested it with Chrome, which had an issue (it discarded the visibility of the elements), but I fixed it. And it looks like, according to your description, that safari had the same issue. So it should be fixed now.

However, the quality of the animation in Chrome was quite terrible. Apparently Chrome can not render fonts well with an opacity < 1. Safari appears to perform well now.

Seg and wunderboner sites are fantastic. Wunderboner could be improved slightly by delaying the redirect by 1 or 2 seconds. When viewed locally the timing is probably just perfect, but generally it takes 1-2 sec for the page to load from the server so it cuts off the end of the .wav.

This is amazing shit though. I love this stuff!!!!

What part of the mp3 are you not hearing? It should be timed perfectly if you have a broadband connection.

The full mp3 is here:

http://www.wonderboner.info/wb.mp3

I'm on broadband but in the 3 times I've clicked the link I hear Remo say "wonderboner.... it b..." and then it already redirects.

Idle Ballad works for me now! Woo!

I'm on broadband but in the 3 times I've clicked the link I hear Remo say "wonderboner.... it b..." and then it already redirects.

Idle Ballad works for me now! Woo!

Ok, I set it to 8 seconds. Hopefully it should be better.