Roderick

Spike VGA awards

Hi,

Could someone please tell me where the fuck I can see the God Damned Spike channel, or if it even IS an internet tv channel, because their site has been designed by Satan.

Also, tips on how to kill every single one of Spike's webdesigners and/or employees.

Regards,

Roderick

Their countdown ended and everything! I don't know all those weird American times, so I assumed it was good.

I don't believe there's a live stream, although the pre-show is being streamed an hour before the real thing. I can't find anything on the site indicating there'll be a web stream of the proper programme.

They will have the Brutal Legend segment itself up for download after the whole show, though.

http://www.brutallegend.net/news/dont-forget-to-tune-in-to-spike-tonight/

That constituted about 50% of the reasons I want to see the thing, but the other half is Jack Black's further performance during the show.

I dunno, I just assumed this was a web based effort with all the Gametrailers plugging by Geoff Keighley.

On a related note, Keighley seems a very nice guy and I enjoy watching him do the Bonus Round and other bits there. The unwatchable Amanda McKay, on the other hand, remains as ever unwatchable.

Yeah, it does seem odd that there's been so much web marketing if there's going to be no stream. But then, I think their revenue will come from getting as many people watching the show on TV as possible — the aggressive web marketing could be nothing more than a (pretty smart) way of catching the attention of gamers, who I'd imagine in many cases pay more attention to their favourite gaming sites than TV ads.

Hopefully someone who sees my news post will actually record it and hook us up if it isn't streamed. Or maybe someone here could do it. :tup:

the person presenting this pre show thing needs to be ripped apart piece by piece, starting with the tongue and face

If I ever meet some guy, years from now, ni a bar or something, and we get talking and we get to the subject of video games,and he's all like - yeah I was the camera man at the Spike VGA 2008, i will take the nearest object and beat him to fucking death with it, burn his house down and slaughter his family

I can't fucking believe I just saw JB yell TIM FREAKING SCHAFER TIM FREAKING SCHAFER and Tim being brought onto stage in a chariot, and then Brutal Legend getting plugged to the max. I love it.

The show went down as any MTV production could be expected to go, but the portions relevant to Brutal Legend were obviously satisfactory. Can't wait to download giant versions of the trailer whenever EA decides to post it.

I've linked to a really ass-quality version of the introduction here, which was truly fucking awesome on pretty much every level. If anyone knows of a better recording let me know. :tup:

Oh wow, thank you! It's fantastic! =D Tim Freaking Schafer and Jack Black are a fantastic combination. So psyched! Fall2009 is a ways away, but I hope the dripfeed of info starts now!

Hopefully someone will upload a video with the complete introduction, including when Black refers to Schafer as "the man of...no...the angel of...no..the archangel of...no...THE ARK OF THE COVENANT of video game wizardy!"

Random fact: In Day of the Tentacle if you have Hoagie look at the horse dentures, he mentions a fellow roadie named Eddie who "eats raw sewage on stage."