Chris

Idle Thumbs 9: The Confestabaloo

I would be slightly more harsh, and say that while indie games like Passage and 'art games' have the right intention, and are going in an excellent direction that deserves and needs to be explored,they have yet to actually achieve the same psychic weight as meaningful literature.

On the podcast; I didn't feel there was anything strange about it. A thoroughly excellent and slick episode I thought.

What, Pipedream Cream didn't get a point?

Great episode, guys. The last one too, which I only heard yesterday.

Okay MP3s are now hosted via Amazon S3 / CloudFront, and hopefully will be from now on. Hooray.

Couple of facts (an Idle Thumbs exclusive!):

1) Jonathan Ackley (one of the leads for Curse of Monkey Island) worked on the Kim Possible cell phone game. I heard Larry Ahern might have been involved but I can't confirm it.

2) Yours truly worked on a piece of the Toy Story ride (Toy Story Mania!) that was talked in the podcast. Another company (the one I work for) did the game design/software for the ride, while Disney Imagineering did the rest. Pixar supervised the character animation. So yeah... go check it out! :buyme:

I love the extended 'wizard' insert. I hope in the future it will fill a whole episode.

Also bringing some of Mirrors Edge's controls into Madden could actually be cool. Especially if they made a first-person defence mode

Edited by MrChaz

Who do I talk to about prizes?

I'm trying to figure out how to handle that. It's such an irregular collection and there are a bunch of people. Hang tight for a bit--we'll work it out this week.

One, solitary criticism: no intro music! :getmecoat

Yep, my bad. I realized that right after I finished the 40-minute process of FTPing the episode to the server, and at 4am the last thing I wanted to do was start it over.

I'm trying to figure out how to handle that. It's such an irregular collection and there are a bunch of people. Hang tight for a bit--we'll work it out this week.

No problem dude, No rush, was just curious.

Did you beat the princess yet?

Chuck Jordan is totally right about Monster Rancher being the game that makes the monsters based on a music CD.

I had a friend in high school who was surprised to find he got certain monsters based on the shitty music he owned.

I doubt it's anything but random though, but I could be wrong. I'm too lazy to look it up right now. Not even on wikipedia. You guys do it. I don't wanna.

quote of the year

"it's not even the same feeling of: 'oh it's two in the morning and I just watched this great movie'... It's two in the morning and I've watched other people peeing... all day" -Chuck Jordan

almost broke my tooth when I tried to sip a bottle of mango nectar while listening to that line...

and it's not even like I almost broke my tooth while watching a great movie...

it's that it's 2 in the morning and I almost broke my tooth thanks to a pee gag...