Erkki

Trine

For some incredibly slight hand of God, this PC which seems to run on steam and barely hold together can run it. Sort of.

The ingame stuff all runs fine, like a dream infact. But the FMV's run at like 2FPS. It's most bizarre.

I am having the opposite effect. I forced 1920 x 1080, which brings the game to a very beautiful crawl. I tried the 2nd act again, and the post above says it gets better, but I don't want to force myself to get to the "good parts"

I got a chance to play the demo after listening to the last podcast and was very impressed. The game is gorgeous and it's really easy to get a handle on the controls to move through at a fluid pace.

My only real beef with it is the 30 dollar price tag, not too much cash for some but for me it seems a bit steep for (from what I have heard) a 5-6 hour long side-scroller.

So, I played the Trine demo, liked it, went to the FrozenByte forum to see which channel I should use to give them more money, it ended up being Steam, but then I got frustrated by the EU price tag vs. the US price tag (30€ vs 30$) and thus, my whiny, cheap-ass request is :

Would someone from the US have the kindness to organize some mass steam gift operation for us European gamers, so that we can get the sweet thing at a fair price?

Yey, that's cheap, but with what I'd be saving, I could donate to this poor, starving Sahel kid you maniac US steam week-end deals mongers have been neglecting.

Also, obviously, I'd be paying the generous soul via Paypal, beforehand.

Yep, the 30 euros is also holding me back a bit.

Yep, the 30 euros is also holding me back a bit.

It was 30 dollars on gamesplanet last week when I bought it after hearing the podcast, saving 10 euro instead of buying from steam. They changed it to 24 pounds though since, so I guess that's no use to you.

:mock:

Damn steam euro bollox...

Finally coming out on PSN on October 22nd.

I feel bad... I read in more than one review that the game worked much better with a controller, but now I feel like I could have supported the game more. It seems really good, but it hasn't done as well as it could have.

I wish I could justify paying for it twice, financially.

Bought it about a week ago when it went down to $20 on Steam. Really enjoying it, although I'm only two levels from the end, so I'm getting apprehensive about finishing it. Maybe I'll replay the earlier levels to find all the experience first?

I feel bad... I read in more than one review that the game worked much better with a controller, but now I feel like I could have supported the game more. It seems really good, but it hasn't done as well as it could have.

I wish I could justify paying for it twice, financially.

I'm not sure what exactly you're saying you did or didn't do, but I thought it played better with a mouse. I'm obviously a PC fan though.

Hooray!

I forget, since it's been so long since it had a strong presence on the podcast. Does this have local multiplayer as well as online?

Hooray!

I forget, since it's been so long since it had a strong presence on the podcast. Does this have local multiplayer as well as online?

It only has local multiplayer.

Yeah that got me, I thought "hmmm platformer, i'll plug in the suckbox controller."

However, because of what the wizaaaaard does, its so much more fun with the mouse. Drawing boxes, floating them around... you can be so much more nimble. I felt clunky using the right stick.

The game isnt packed with unforgiving platforming sections, so while I know I couldn't be playing Super Mario Galaxy with WASD, the challenge here isnt a test of dexterity. Its about how to find/make a path and the jumps aren't so hard.

I play some of this game every day and I wouldn't have found it without Thumbs mentioning it week after week after week after week. Really, thank you, I would have overlooked it.

Don't you mean september 22nd? It's been on UK PSN for a week or two now.

Presumably it's the North American store that's being discussed.

I'm not sure what exactly you're saying you did or didn't do, but I thought it played better with a mouse. I'm obviously a PC fan though.

I didn't buy it on PC, even when it was on sale...

I use a mac and bootcamp to play Steam games. Sometimes I neglect PC games a little.

Thing is, I might rethink the whole thing. Never too late to support the game I guess. I have been wanting to give it a shot for ages.

I'm obviously a PC fan though.

Prove it.

Addendum: Chris Remo would say that Super Mario Bros. works better with a mouse and/or keyboard.

Prove it.

Addendum: Chris Remo would say that Super Mario Bros. works better with a mouse and/or keyboard.

typing1_kc_111408.jpg

d'oh... how did I miss that one, didn't have my morning coffee yet

So, I finally finished Trine (been playing too much Torchlight). Apparently I was at the last level.... my god that was terrible.