Spaff

Plain Sight

Hey guys, we have a favour to ask of you, and you might have some fun as a bonus :)

Plain Sight is a 3D multiplayer Indie arcade game made by your fellow forum members.

aa0e7f8f451d877297d9828fb54a2f0db6cf550e.png

The small five man dev team includes staff writer Alex Ashby, the excellent eljay (aka Lawrence Bishop), and Mega Artist John G. Marek and I are also working for them in consulting / freelance roles at the mo.

The game will go into pre beta soon, and we’d like to get as many thumbs people into it, and then arrange a play session or two for just us lot. There are various motives for this, and some are slightly…. ulterior… They aren’t sinister though, I will share with you our hopes:

• We want to have some fun with you guys
  • We actually do need to test the game
  • We value your opinion highly, so we’d very much be after feedback, even if you hate it
  • We’re hoping some blogging about the game and the beta can come of this… nudge nudge wink wink.

Basically this is a call to action – please come and help support, improve and promote a genuinely fun game made by your friends!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are interested, or feel the Call of Duty, then

1. Sign up here: http://plainsightgame.com/user/register

2. Send me a PM telling me you have done so, and what username you used

Then we will arrange the client download and all that jazz, and sort a time for a couple of play sessions next week.

You will continue having access to the game beta after the thumbs sessions are done, and hey maybe we could have some more :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ABOUT PLAIN SIGHT

Plain Sight is a 3D multiplayer arcade game with robots; robots who bounce around cityscapes on mini planetoids and wield swords which are used to destroy one another.

Destroying another robot makes you bigger, stronger, better, a different colour.

It also gives you points.

Spoiler: You can’t keep the points until you kill yourself. :tup:

• Robots!
  • Swords!!
  • Explosions!!!
  • Oh my!

watch the trailer!

look here's some John G art now....

comic_WEB.jpg

089440bba8a851789af7dcf40bc94c6a2e64f1d9.png

Edited by Spaff

OMG they have Mumin on the front page :o

I signed up, using my Thumb nick. I have a feeling it's not going to work on my laptop, but who knows...

Done!

Plain Sight is fearsomely addictive, even with the disapproving stares of waiting expo goers on the back of your neck :tup:

Signed up with the username Noyb. The game is looking sweet, and sounds very fun. :tup:

I signed up with castorp.

And I feel a little less valuable, not having a blog or any other forums I visit and thus being unable to spread 'the word'.

awesome, can't wait

ooh.. T-Shirt...

damn it.. UK only :(

I'm sure something can be arranged :)

oh and the guys added a gamepaly video here

http://www.plainsightgame.com/beta

where you can also send anyone you might know that's interested :)

Edited by Spaff

Signed up. Miffy495. Really got pumped seeing the trailer for this whenever it was released a while back. Excited to be a (small) part of it.

everyone: thanks for signing up, look forward to testing this with you all soon :D

elmuerte: the store should be fixed now for international orders!

Thanks everyone, We should be getting a playable version ready for today or.. well, soon in any case.

and when i say 'we' i mean the development team, I'll be encouraging them with friendly high fives and sarcastic comments.

:)

Got my invite! Hooray! Thanks, Spaff. Hopefully I'll be able to get a game in with you Euro folks as well.

I got the invite, but I can't find the download link anywhere on the site :/ What am I doing wrong?

You possibly haven't read the invite completely ;)

(or alternatively robin didn't write what he said he would)

It will become available in a few hours time!

Yar, everyone who has been invited will have beta access added to their accounts at about 17:00 GMT.