Spaff

Plain Sight

The guys are working hard to get the code ready for release, but i think they plan a second trial phase shortly before launch :tup:

It's out! and pretty rad £8 or $10 you should probably buy it.

Thanks Patters glad you think it's rad :D

I should probably have posted about the release myself ^_^;;

pfff... already got the T-Shirt; so don't need to play it

Thanks Patters glad you think it's rad :D

I should probably have posted about the release myself ^_^;;

Yeah it's running perfectly on my laptop: 1.8ghz core 2 duo, nvidia 8400m gs and 2 gig ram. I have bloom off due to background programs running. I wish there were lower sensitivity settings for the mouse though, I'm running my deathadder at the lowest sensitivity in game, I also need to half the polling rate (to 500Hz) to make it controllable.

Oh wow, this is a Thumbs game? I had no idea! That's what I get for not paying attention to the forums earlier, I suppose. So was that one of you guys in the Giant Bomb quicklook? It made me really interested, but seeing this thread made it into a must buy! (On the 15th, when there's actual money on my bank account. <.<)

Can't wait to play it.

I completely regret buying this....because I have school crap I should be doing. Very fun, and before I knew it I had wasted too much time. Apparently I'm also a sucker for cleverly named achievements, because the humor in those and the Marriage pic on the site are what finally convinced me to try it.

Glad you're enjoying it Brannigan!

Sorry for ruining your school crap, but I'm pleased that you like the Achievement names, even one person enjoying those makes the time I spent on them worthwhile :D

Hermie: Robin was the guy in the quicklook, he is not a thumb guy.

I enjoyed the achievement names, as well. Out of all the referential achievements in games, I never expected that Red Dwarf would get one, much less more than one.

Again I want to say how much I am enjoying the game, I nearly won a round earlier today! I have two little niggles: The steam overlay doesn't work with the game for me, which could well be due to XNA. Secondly, if you could save your password that would be great.

If I buy the game from some other DD site, does the game still have leaderboards, achievements, etc? The game looks like a lot of fun but does it have staying power?

Yeah unfortunately the steam overlay had to be disabled as it wasn't playing properly with XNA, we're trying to fix it but it's a tricky one.

Since everyone is requesting password saving I guess I can put that in :P

Only steam has those features at the moment, although the game will still track the data so we are planning to roll out those features for other platforms later on.

You guys are working on an X360 version aren't you? Can you give us any word on when that might come out?

Aaaaactually no I'm afraid not. Microsoft didn't want to go for it, so we're taking it to the PS3, which will be about a year in development.

Yeah unfortunately the steam overlay had to be disabled as it wasn't playing properly with XNA, we're trying to fix it but it's a tricky one.

Since everyone is requesting password saving I guess I can put that in :P

Got ya. I seem to remember that blueberry garden didn't work with the overlay. At the moment I'm running it windowed to sidestep this problem, something I cannot do in Chaos Theory. Glad to hear about the password saving also.

Well done on what seems to have been an incredibly smooth launch, and one of the most interesting, whilst also being great, multiplayer games I have bought in ages.

The game seemed cool at Eurogamer and Eljay seemed like a thoroughly nice guy when I sat around awkwardly not saying much at the Show and Yell thing, so I bought it. Congratulations for releasing a something.

Aaaaactually no I'm afraid not. Microsoft didn't want to go for it, so we're taking it to the PS3, which will be about a year in development.

Oh. Well that works for me too, so I'll check it out when that happens. I would play it now, but I've got an integrated graphics card...anyway, congrats. It looks really awesome and I'm glad to hear people are liking it so far.

Just played a little bit of it, and unfortunately the goofy movement/gravity stuck out to me the most. I feel like I have virtually no control over my guy and that I'm just jumping and boosting around randomly in hopes that it gets me where I want to go. A lot of the time I'm getting sucked into the gravity of some random block out in space.

Also the tutorial wasn't very good for me. It didn't explain how the lockon works, it just said hold down LMB, which I thought meant hold it down and it will auto target, not that you need to press and hold it down when there's an enemy on screen to lock on that guy. Also it doesn't mention that you need to boost to get out of the gravity of whatever object you're trying to escape. All this stuff can be figured out in less than 5 minutes, granted, but it seems like some of this should have been mentioned in the tutorial.

Double jump is pretty much the first thing to get I find. It really helps you navigate the world. I actually dig the gravity/jumping mechanics. I got used to it pretty quickly.

Just played a little bit of it, and unfortunately the goofy movement/gravity stuck out to me the most. I feel like I have virtually no control over my guy and that I'm just jumping and boosting around randomly in hopes that it gets me where I want to go. A lot of the time I'm getting sucked into the gravity of some random block out in space.

Also the tutorial wasn't very good for me. It didn't explain how the lockon works, it just said hold down LMB, which I thought meant hold it down and it will auto target, not that you need to press and hold it down when there's an enemy on screen to lock on that guy. Also it doesn't mention that you need to boost to get out of the gravity of whatever object you're trying to escape. All this stuff can be figured out in less than 5 minutes, granted, but it seems like some of this should have been mentioned in the tutorial.

Stick at it, you have more control than you think. Upgrading jump is a good idea as Brannigan said. play on levels such as upside down town at first. It feels more like a flying game than anything else to me.

Yeah, I really like how it feels when you have all the movement stuff unlocked. Unfortunately I was no able to do that in a proper game against fleshy people because I'm not yet very good. I seemed to be getting better at the end of my last match, but it may just have been that the good people were leaving.

I'm pretty sure you get them faster if you kill some dudes. And cash it in with explosions or something.

You have no control over upgrades though...do you?

Yeah you do. Before spawning you can click the robot on the right, if it's yellow and upgrade.