Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlevania

How should I connect my Xbox 360 to a HD monitor?

So, I've bought one of those lovely Dell 24" 1080p monitors I was droning on about. But I'm not sure which connection is best to use - HDMI, DVI-D or VGA?

VGA seems to be the cheapest and most logical option for me, given it's a monitor and not a TV. (I'm thinking it certainly shouldn't have the same VGA problems as some budget HD TVs with VGA sometimes have.)

It also looks like trying to go the HDMI or DVI-D routes with my non-HDMI-toting Xbox 360 would make things needlessly complicated. And more expensive.

I'm bothered by the fact that VGA isn't as crisp as HDMI (in my limited experience) though...

One thing you'll want to do for VGA is use the Expanded Range setting in the Xbox's visual options, makes it look a lot nicer!

And yes, using VGA is the best route, since there would be nothing to gain by converting the VGA signal.

Yup, if your Xbox doesn't output a digital signal, VGA is the only reasonable way to go. If you get one that does at some point, DVI or HDMI, there's no difference (DVI doesn't have sound of course).