Salka

This is my favourite song of all time

get really fucked up on various chemicals and then collapse as soon as the song's over

Actually that sounds pretty rock and roll.

This was edging more into the 90's, but the theme to Prince Valiant is truly epic. It was so epic they later made a live action film version with Ron Perlman!

Maybe, but describing the pinnacle of humankind evolution to kids as Earth explosion grants you extra points.

That's amazingly depressing for a cartoon show! It would've freaked me out, had I seen it in my childhood. Crazy thing is, I DID see a lot of those 'Er Was Eens...' shows... just can't remember any Wagnerian apocalypses. So it must've been OK.

They had those in Finland too. I think the subjects were space and the human body.

Don't you love how Man evolves from an ape to a white man? I'd have thought the proto-humans in Africa would have some pigment on them...

Also amazing is how quickly he turns into a more or less civilized man and foregoes the 1000-fold longer period of him being an apelike humanoid. Goodbye homo habilis, we hardly knew ye!

Of course, as far as cartoons go, nothing beats this:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VCOU1k0EKks&feature=related

When your wheels get you there, things will be alright!

I hate DIC so much. Every DIC series has this extravagant intro where all the animation is on 1s and the cameras are turning around the characters in 3d drawn space. Then the show is some of the cheapest crap of nonmoving slow paced drawings you've ever seen.

That would be radio advertising ;)

I'm really pretty sure this would do it too.