Salka

This is my favourite song of all time

And I'm not joking so please don't try and make fun of me or anything because I'll take it very seriously

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dOUrBtmKxMA

I just cried the entire way through the first pokemon movie. Either I'm really on edge and depressed lately, or that's the best movie ever made.

I just cried the entire way through the first pokemon movie. Either I'm really on edge and depressed lately, or that's the best movie ever made.

You're the second, maybe third girl that I have heard that from. The film must lie in some weird confluence of femininity and gamer-ism.

I somehow know that song and it makes me reaaaaaaaaaaally happy!!! :D!!!! Even though it's terrible...

I had no idea it was from the UK until now, actually. It was the title song of the first Power Rangers movie and it was awesome to sing when you are in the third grade and kicking and punching on the playground.

I had no idea it was from the UK until now, actually. It was the title song of the first Power Rangers movie and it was awesome to sing when you are in the third grade and kicking and punching on the playground.

Seconded. You pretty much just described 3rd grade for me.

That one too, but earlier...

Hahaha, also thinking of UK versions of things:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kMrCSYagLqc

Ninja is such a bad word!

I see in the comments on that particular video someone chimed in that, "The american intro sucks and sounds gay. The german intro rulez!" So there is this as well:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bbiv_oBqfHk&feature=related

Certainly sounds seedier, I guess.

How/why do I know that song?!?!? :erm::erm::erm:

That's because you know the original ;) I think it's in a few 2 many DJ's mixes.

Fuck you all for talking about music in Cartoons and not mentioning Transformers the Movie you should all burn in the lowest circle of hell.

argh... now I need to see that movie again

That's because you know the original ;) I think it's in a few 2 many DJ's mixes.

Ahhh yes that might be it. Speaking of 2 many DJ's, I've been looking for the one you played a lot in Hungary and I can't find it anywhere. The one with the chopped up Kylie Minologue song. When I'm in Holland this month I really have to, um, "borrow" it from you.

, but it of course also has Mask!, and stuff I never heard about... dinosaucers?!

Getting back to the Pokémon soundtrack; that has a huge resonance with me too. Pokémon was an enormous part of my teenage life (16 and upwards). Even now some songs of the first soundtrack can get me teared up.

Does anyone else think it must be a really surreal experience to go into a studio and record the theme song for a children's cartoon? I cannot imagine ever doing that as a job.

Whatever way I'm imagining is just making me crack up.

I think you've gotta get really PUMPED first, and then you sing it!

Does anyone else think it must be a really surreal experience to go into a studio and record the theme song for a children's cartoon? I cannot imagine ever doing that as a job.

It's probably the kind of thing that makes talented, accomplished session musicians weep, after realizing what they have been reduced to.

Nah, you just need to get really fucked up on various chemicals and then collapse as soon as the song's over. Makes the pain of having to sing it go away...

It's probably the kind of thing that makes talented, accomplished session musicians weep, after realizing what they have been reduced to.

That would be radio advertising ;)