ThunderPeel2001

Double Fine: News sometime this month!

Yup. I'm really looking forward to that gameplay demonstration!

Also: Uncharted 2 and Mafia 2.. woo!

What happens at a premiere of a game? Movie premieres happen just before they're released, but it can't be that, I imagine.

Any chance it could be Atari? I've noticed that the Phil Harrison led company has recently picked up ex-Acti-no-vision games Ghostbusters and Riddick (yay:tup:) IPSO FATSO, maybe this too? Or is that possibly too much for Atari to handle?

Atari just had a 2-day press event in London where they made all their new announcements. So it seems that if they wanted to re-announce Brutal Legend they'd have done it there. But anything is possible.

I'm kind of surprised that the brutal legend website has not been taken down.... if it's not Blackactzardivision. But it does have a publisher, then, if they're previewing something at the Spike TV thing! Can anyone confirm or at least confirm rumors?

Edit: Rusalka Chris Remo (Extremo), I'm looking at your direction... http://www.doublefine.com/news.php/site/at_least_they_had_tamales_there/ :grin:

Edited by netmonkey

Well, the Spike TV thing is on sunday, so the best bet is some sort of news then. And it's unlikely that they would announce bad news at an awards show.

Just read the Wikipedia entry on this game - and the bit about playing a song on your guitar to do stuff. Will the Guitar Hero peripheral work with this game?

I'm guessing that'll be like a rock version of Zelda's ocarina? Or maybe just a single button magic equivalent.

From what I read it seems like a Dynasty Warriors-like game where you're amassing armies of music genre satires, though I could be very wrong.

Honestly, if this was anyone but Tim Schafer I'd be greatly skeptical. But for now I'm giddy with anticipation. :clap:

I'm guessing that'll be like a rock version of Zelda's ocarina? Or maybe just a single button magic equivalent.

I suspect that's a closer analogy. I predict it will be meant to sort of "feel" like Guitar Hero/Rock Band, but the mechanic will be similar to the Ocarina of Time. Of course that might be a wholly insane "prediction" to make (in fact it reads like the sort of retarded off-base "predictions" that Homestar fans make on the Telltale forum), but what can I do? :getmecoat

That is an unbelievably poor submission form. "From", "Subject", "Vote"? What the hell? Why don't they just have a box for "Game name"?

Here's what I suspect what happened:

File-> Open

contact.php

File -> Find/Replace

Find What: [ Comments ]

Replace With: [ Vote ]

[Replace]

File -> Save As...

vote.php

:shifty:

They could have at least said whether they wanted us to put or name or email in the "From" field, but I assume that the vote went through either way.

Whoa! :woohoo:

Is Activision replacing EA as the next evil empire? I may well fully forgive EA if they actually allow Schafer to keep IP rights.

Holy crap! SUPERB!! Baby Jesus just burped with happiness! (and threw up some milk in the process)