ThunderPeel2001

How...?! (Guitar Hero viral ad)

Simple: a lot of careful planning plus the video equivalent of timestretching.

Impressive none-the-less.

Why is this in 'Episodes' though..?

That would explain the audio and visuals, sure (although video time-stretching would be noticeable due to the interlacing, wouldn't it? can't imagine they shot it on film or in hd).... BUT how do you explain the lights on the handle bar being in perfect sync with the pavement?

Freaky.

It was blatantly clear to me the first time I saw it that it was a commercially made ad.

It would have been 100x better if they'd made that clear though. No need in trying to fake anything. A cool ad that admits it's an ad is still a cool ad and you'll still want to send it along to your friends. For proof see that Warioland ad they had on YouTube recently.

It was blatantly clear to me the first time I saw it that it was a commercially made ad.

Looks like I'm not cynical enough... I hate the fact that the world is trying to make me more cynical :tdown:

Meh, pity they didn't just tell us, but it's still a cool idea, and well-executed. The biggest shame is that they didn't put in the effort to make it 100% real, without digital wizardry (THE WIZARD) and hidden cuts, because then it wouldn't have lost any of its lustre.

That video is only cool as a show of skills. When you take that away, it's tedious. I didn't see it all the way through, and that was before I knew I was being fucked with.

The biggest shame is that they didn't put in the effort to make it 100% real, without digital wizardry (THE WIZARD) and hidden cuts, because then it wouldn't have lost any of its lustre.

It's just cheaper to fake it... :tdown:

Heh, I didn't realize what the big deal was. I just saw some guy cycling along to some shit music. Guess I should check out one of these pretend-musician games someday...

I think this is a great video and verrrry cool advertising for Guitar Hero. This is the sort of thing Spaff's department did. Unfortunately their efforts were usually thwarted by marketing demanding that bigger logos be slapped over everything. It makes me appreciate this video even more :)

Zaarin - Just because it's a casual/party game based around music doesn't make it a substitute for really knowing how to play guitar, and it doesn't try to be either. I play real guitar and I also play Guitar Hero. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Edited by Yufster

Welllll, it just looks like a time-based Simon says to me and I had more than enough of that after completing Fahrenheit.

It would have been 100x better if they'd made that clear though. No need in trying to fake anything. A cool ad that admits it's an ad is still a cool ad and you'll still want to send it along to your friends. For proof see that Warioland ad they had on YouTube recently.

http://powazek.com/posts/1451

Welllll, it just looks like a time-based Simon says to me and I had more than enough of that after completing Fahrenheit.

No offense man, but what the fuck? Educate yourself please, before making in(s)ane comparisons between Guitar Hero and Fahrenheit. Even if there are some similarities in the mechanics of pressing a colored button when that color lights up on screen, the play experiences are universes apart.

Why don't they make a real bike hero. Nah, that would be a dumb idea.

There is a major flaw in that whole movie, the guy is just riding along the path. He doesn't have to press any buttons at the right time.

GET READY!

Zaarin - Just because it's a casual/party game based around music doesn't make it a substitute for really knowing how to play guitar, and it doesn't try to be either. I play real guitar and I also play Guitar Hero. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

:tup:

vreenak.jpg

It's a FAAAAAAAKEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

:shifty: x 1000.

That's not really the point. Your description of Guitar Hero is just so far off the mark that you clearly have no idea what the game is like, so to dismiss it entirely based on your incorrect mental image of what it is, and then kind of throw your arms up and say "what's the big deal with these pretend musicians?!", is pretty lame.

It's fine if something doesn't appeal to you, and if that's the case you probably shouldn't buy it, but that's not the same as scoffing at something you apparently know very little about it.

Anyway, it's fine... just.... you know. :shifty:

I just mentioned I thought I found a similarity between the game mechanics of Fahrenheit's action sequences, which doesn't appeal to me right now, and Guitar Hero; and "pretend-musician" was a joke. You've heard of those, right? The next thing I know the fanboy brigade is all over me with condescending BS like "get educated". Fine, if the game mechanics are completely different, explain it instead of acting like arrogant bastards.

This is my last post on here so please delete my account.