ThunderPeel2001

The All New XBox Gamertag Exchange Thread!

I am trying to find ze deals, but the chap who sold me 12 months + 1 month free last year is no longer trading. :frusty:

I'm genuinely touched by your immediate concern, however. :grin:

Edited by Wrestlevania

I am trying to find ze deals, but the chap who sold me 12 months + 1 month free last year is no longer trading. :frusty:

Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm genuinely touched by your immediate concern, however. :grin:

Try Shopto.net.

On other news the current versions of the consoles (including my brand new elite) do NOT come with any HD cables what so ever, seriously microsoft what the fuck. It isn't a price cut if you take stuff out.

I offer no tautology apology. What we have here is a de dicto/de re distinction. Is the phrasing of "on like Donkey Kong in a thong" wrong, or is it Donkey Kong in a thong which is, himself, wrong? My question was regarding the wording, using the thing as a comparison. James, I know that you have a philosophy degree. I'm surprised at you...

I offer no tautology apology. What we have here is a de dicto/de re distinction. Is the phrasing of "on like Donkey Kong in a thong" wrong, or is it Donkey Kong in a thong which is, himself, wrong? My question was regarding the wording, using the thing as a comparison.

You assumed that Wrestle had a problem with the mere formation of words, independent of any associated concept? Or that the application of such a concept to such a context is wrong, independent of the wrongness of said concept? I took it to pretty clearly mean that the idea of Donkey Kong in a thong is itself wrong, so unless you're referring to the reality of Donkey Kong's attire (which, I put it to you, is a category error: Donkey Kong does not exist, so claims about his actual attire are not true), so your question is redundant.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about.

James, I know that you have a philosophy degree. I'm surprised at you...

I pretty much bluffed my way through it. I would read the question and say what I thought with barely any reference to any existing material. Apparently that is worth a degree.

Thanks for the help on tracking down cheap Xbox LIVE membership. In the end, I caved and went directly with MS themselves last night. They've got an offer in the dashboard for 12 months + 2 months free for £39.99. By my rather rough calculations, this works out about the same money per months as the cheaper, straight 12 month cards from the online retailers. So it's all good.

I celebrated by having an impromptu mini Grand Thumb Auto redux with GrouchoClub and toblix. We had a good laugh, even just with 3 of us. :yep:

I concede the point to you in a category error, disallowing for possible worlds in which Donkey Kong may in fact exist (I fucking hate possible worlds...) of course. I believed Wrestle to have taken issue with the formation of words "on like Donkey Kong in a thong," as previous conversations with him have led me to believe that such imagery as in the concept is not beyond the purview of a normal exchange with him. I was hoping to have Wrestle expand upon what it is that strikes him as wrong in that sentence, as it seems perfectly well-formed to me. This could have led to an interesting conversation. Alas, if you, as you say, "take it to pretty clearly mean" one thing which is separate from what I have stated is my intended point of discussion, you are refusing to meet me on common terms and I don't believe we can make any further progress.

Seriously, you made my night with that category error thing. Thanks for a good laugh.

Wrestle, Groucho, and 'blix, sorry I missed out on a game with you three. That could have been rad. :(

MAGNETO LEGO SUMS

Seriously, you made my night with that category error thing. Thanks for a good laugh.

It's one of the few pieces of philosophical jargon I know. I love how technical it sounds.

Good to hear you got into a game eventually, Groucho.

COGITO ERGO DUMB

anyway I'll be playing Borderlands on PC (surprise)

anyway I'll be playing Borderlands on PC (surprise me)

I thought that was Dragon Age.

[Don Quixote=Chris;120670][boiler]COGITO ERGO DUMB[/boiler]

anyway I'll be playing Borderlands on PC (surprise, me?)[/Don Quixote]

Speaking of which, will there be Idle sessions with this, like GTA and L4D?

Of which - Dragon Age or Borderlands?

I've no interest in either really, so someone else will need to organise it whatever.

I'd certainly be interested in some PC Borderlands action.

Fraid not, Mr Bean was Rowan Atkinson not Hugh Laurie.

No...the other guy! If you click the link...Mr. Bean was in the youtube clip.