Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbs

Bit of political excitement in the Uk..

Someone has leaked the entire BNP membership list online - Names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses...

It's so large, there seems to be little doubt of its providence.

Bloody hell.

Eew. I was afraid it stood for that. This list is pretty much a who's who of people to avoid like the plague then. Good to know.

Someone has leaked the entire BNP membership list online - Names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses...

Good grief, I love you Internet! :tup:

Hmmm. To be sure, I hate and despise the BNP (they used to come knocking where I used to live -- horrible ignorant twats*), but they're still just people. They may have fallen off the "decent human being" wagon, but is anyone going to "change their ways" just because their address has been leaked?

I worry that something bad might come out of this :( If they're victimised they might get sympathy for one :tdown:

* Funny story: The BNP actually won my area. It was a horrible revelation. My next door neighbour had two inter-racial kids, and they'd be knocking from door to door canvassing for votes. But amazingly they won by a tiny margin.

Hilariously though, they were forced to give up their seat when their candidate couldn't actually be bothered to go to any meetings. Brilliant!

I noted with an air of defeatism that there were many round my way. :tdown:

...although I'm not sure I agree with the address bit. Names, fine, but complete details?

If the list is as big as suggested then what's saying this isn't a publicity exercise? It also forces people to 'man up' if they've been keeping it quiet.

However, he welcomed the new media interest in the party as a result of the leak because it challenged the idea that the average member of the BNP "was a skinhead oik". "So in terms of repositioning us as a party genuinely made up of ordinary British people from all walks of life that will actually do us good," he said.

It's definitely not a publicity stunt -- there are a lot of members who don't want their details made public. The policemen on the list, for example, are probably going to be suspended and I've seen some comments calling for the head-honcho to step-down.

I've seen people speculating that it was a bloke called John Walker (oddly enough) who was their treasurer until September 08, when he was sacked.

As for the hugeness of the list, there are approx 13,000 names on the list.

"I'm also on the list, what the fuck is going on? I could lose my job"

"Jesus H Christ! Its true, I've just seen my details. Who in the BNP has done this?"

And of course there's the head arse-wipe's official statement which laughably adds "Presumably in an attempt to cause further mischief, it appears that a number of individuals who were not at the time, or who are not and never have been members of the party, have been added."

Would those be the police who will lose their jobs, I wonder?