Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

Dr Who christmas special

Oh, how I wish Murray Gold would drop dead. And that Alonsy joke was dull the first time around.

Sorry for shitting on your thread. I'll shutface now. :zip:

Meh, the Victorian 'A Christmas Carol' theme is the most unimaginative thing they could have done, and so very very BBC. I guess it's easy for them because of the tonnes of period costumes lying around from all the Jane Austen pap they constantly peddle.

I do like the occasional standout episode of Dr Who, but none of the christmas specials have impressed me so far.

The video's been removed. Another version here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6-JAi4CGGM4

Looks pretty rubbish, especially with boring old Cybermen. I thought Moffat was going to stop using old baddies all the time. Or has this still got RTD's mucky hands all over it?

And who's the actor saying 'Monstrous witch'? It looks suspiciously like British science tv presenter Adam Hart-Davies...

Moffat isn't taking over until series 5 in 2010. The Christmas special and the specials next year are all by RTD.

"These discussions are revealed in six previously unpublished documents, now digitised on the BBC Archive website." - The documents have been available partially and some in full in a couple of older reference guides I have.

Still great that BBC has put them online for everyone to see though, complete with Newman's comments, like "Nuts!". :tup: