Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Idle Thumbs 6: Explode Mode

As Jake just pointed out to me, this marks six weeks straight of weekly Idle Thumbs content! What the hell is going on?

"Your old Xbox is about to become your new Xbox, but that might mean you just start using your Netflix account again. Special guest Brad Shoemaker of Giant Bomb gently guides us through the minefield of this week's industry scandals, helps us finally close the book on Far Cry 2, and rekindles our love of J. Allard."

Games discussed: Rock Band 2 ION Drum Rocker, Far Cry 2, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, Space Giraffe, New Xbox Experience, New Games For Windows Live Experience

iTunes: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=293436552

RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/idle-thumbs

http://www.idlethumbs.net/

downloaded. Will listen tomorrow between classes. Psyched, as these keep on getting better. Good job keeping them coming, guys!

Useless Fact Time!

Most popular game: Far Cry 2 (featured in 4 episodes)

Best job title: senior super douche

Noah Heller: also known as signor S. Douche

Guest appearance by Mr Snarky Today

Most serious episode so far

Edited by elmuerte

My first red ring came right after a fall dashboard update too. This new EXPERIENCE has me worried.

seriousness
 ^                          * 
10|    ***   ***         ** * **            ** *       *:
 |   *   ***   **   ****  *    ** **** *  *  * *    ** :
 |               ***             *    *  *      * **   :
 |                                      *              :*
 |                                                     :  
 |                                                     :   
 |  *                                                  :
 |**                                                   :
0 +----------------------------------------------------------> time
                                                       :   
                                                       :    
                                                       :
                                                       end of the episode

Why so serious?

So you don't need to wait for the stats, I also bought Left 4 Dead but didn't try the demo until after it was already public...

Just got out of bed, and it was awesome. Guest-having cool people was a great move. Your discussion of these PC game platform giants emerging was very interesting.

Thanks for the review of the ION Drum Rocker drum kit. Sounds like they might be worth a purchase (I just can't get past the "clack, clack" of the normal Rock Band kit).

Also, thanks for not just laughing constantly at your own jokes and actually fully explaining what you're talking about (I'm sure a lot of us listeners don't follow all the industry/Video game news).

Best episode yet :tup:

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

According to elmuerte's graph, "Idle Thumbs' seriousness goes all the way up to 11."

I didn't enjoy this episode quite as much as the others so far. After the epic resplendence of 'The Wizard' I think I was missing a musical number this week most of all. I know Remo's not a machine, but that song/skit is going to take some beating...

Brad made for an excellent addition to the crew, however, and the topics discussed were great. :tup:

Personally, I really don't mind the fact you guys have talked up Far Cry 2 as much as you have. I value Thumbs' opinions pretty much above everything else out there (especially the discourse in these hallowed forums), so if a game's being talked about repeatedly then it's something worth paying attention to.

I have some Fallout 3 questions for next episode though, now I'm actually playing it myself, which I'll mail in later.

My favourite moment was Jake's outrageous "Yeah dude, we got it." zinger, interrupting Brad's explaination of the 'Abilitease'.

I also preordered Left 4 Dead to get the demo early and then just played it once (single player). Haven't touched it since.

You made me buy Far Cry 2. I hope you're happy for making me poorer during an ongoing economic crisis.:shifty:

So far the game looks awesome, BTW. I just finished with the tutorial part. There are occasional slowdowns on my PC though, and they seem somehow random. Don't wanna turn the details down either 'cause most of the time it runs fine.

There's down time at work so I'm catching up on these slowly but surely.

Loved this episode, I'm a little surprised at how much air-time Far Cry 2 is getting in contrast to forum posts.

Anyways, I'll endeavour to download these on a weekly basis from now on.