Thrik

Grim Fandango puzzle/design document released

I agree. This is awesomely awesome!

Also:

To protect this document, please restrict your fallen tears of joy to this box.

cool, I love the joke at the end.

I also think the report defended itself quite well[1], didn't read much of it.

[1]

"This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read." - Winston Churchill

there are quite some jokes in the document :) like the note on skeleton sex

Have all the illustrations in the document been released before? If not, it's worth getting just for that.

Have all the illustrations in the document been released before? If not, it's worth getting just for that.

A lot of that concept work was on the old official Grim Fandango website. I remember printing some of the nicer ones out at home and posting them on the walls of my room.

I'm hoping this "Lucasarts Rogue Book" coming out... someday, is going to contain a majority of this stuff. I really don't care all about the history part, as I doubt it will do a better job than Mixnmojo, who is almost as slow as this book coming out (but I can and will wait).

I love the bit that says "Copyright LucasArts". Go Tim! :tup:

I was wondering about that when looking through it. Will Lucasarts care enough to tell him to take it down? Does anyone there now even know they made a game called Grim Fandngo?

A lot of the art is certainly new. Going off memory, seven of the images were previously available (as well as these).

Wow. The original puzzles were even crazier.

The whole bit where Manny had to use Glottis' heart to steal the Bone Wagon, seducing a giraffe girl to get a periscope so he can see over the wheel. The half armadillo, half centipede guarding the safe. The epic underwater gerbil vs. toad fight. The impenetrable conga line. The faux-nuclear explosion. Brainless Glottis.

A lot of the changes did seem to be cutting out extraneous filler, but some I would have liked to see.

Particularly one early in year 4. Part of me wanted to know at least some backstory about Manny, so the whole visiting your brother during the Day of the Dead would have been cool.

Will Lucasarts care enough to tell him to take it down? Does anyone there now even know they made a game called Grim Fandngo?
Someone cared. Someone remembered.

And I adore Tim Schafer for releasing it in the first place and even more for the news-post regarding the disappearance of it.

I don't understand, I can still get to the document... or did he remove the link from the news? I don't know where it was in the action news in the first place.

I don't understand, I can still get to the document... or did he remove the link from the news? I don't know where it was in the action news in the first place.
The document had its own handmade action-news-post - the place of origin, I guess - that is now gone.

So I got this game yesterday! Did a thing where it's now on my HDD from the disc, patched it and am now running it through Residual VM. Yay! Played up to/including the first puzzle. Really like the game's sense of style and setting. V cool.

You're playing this for the first time?! If so, AWESOME. Post your thoughts here as you play. God, you're lucky!

I am! It's been on my Amazon Wishlist for a while, and my parents got it for me for Christmas. Hoo-ray.