Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Steam Cloud

From http://store.steampowered.com/news/1968/:

[steam Cloud is] a set of services for Steam that stores application data online and allows user experiences to be consistent from any PC. In this first release, the information stored and accessible through the Steam Cloud includes keyboard, mouse, and gamepad configurations, as well as multiplayer settings such as spraypaint images.

This sounds pretty cool. I wonder if it will provide me with a way to have my permanent VAC ban, which doesn't expire until I do, lifted.

Very cool, obviously. Pretty soon STEAM will be wiping our asses, well, most of our asses. Not everyone's.

Toblix will probably get hacked and have to wipe other people's asses.

But yeah, pretty cool. I'm excited for when this extends to savegames and I can play my files anywhere from any PC.

THAT would be excellent, Miffy! :tup:

Toblix... Can't you gift all your games to a new account that you've made, or something?

As for Steam/Valve... when are they going to bother doing some work on their interfaces? I know they're supposedly "clean and simple", but they're also "slow, ugly and counter-intuitive". I hate using Steam for that reason alone.

Resurrected for a good reason.

The steam gameplay timer sucks ass.

I remember many people complaining during Portal 2 release that it doesn't count all the time that you have spent playing it, but I noticed it does that all the time.

For example I have put many hours to DNF recently and it's stealing about 45 minutes from all my sessions. So it's several hours less and the latest it didn't even count at all! The time stayed the same as when I started my session. Steam is syncing something, but the gameplay time doesn't change.

:tdown: