Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Prince of Awesome

saw that video quite some time ago, the next few posts (in this blog) are much more interesting

I think I saw that video before a long time ago on the CD rerelease of Prince of Persia 1 and 2.

I didn't know about Mechner's site though and had no idea that Jordan Mechner was actually going to be that involved in the movie. Nor did I know he had actually made a film (documentary) before. I guess I figured he's one of those old timey designers that get heralded for their old games and just float around quietly in the present from project to project, like Eric Chahi or Frederick Raynal.

I guess I figured he wasn't that talented... maybe? Besides the original PoP and The Last Express as his best games, I figured the Sands of Time was mostly made good from the input Ubisoft designers. But then again, Ubisoft does make some pretty mediocre games as well sometimes.

Prince of Persia 3D, which I hear he didn't have much to do with, and Prince of Persia 2, which he did have a lot to do with, were both pretty infuriating. I hate Prince of Persia 2 more actually. I really enjoyed that Thumbs review a long time ago on how god damn hard the game was. It was just unnecessary.

To be fair, I haven't played Karateka though, and I've always liked Mechner's interviews and comments. I wish he was more involved in the rest of the Sands of Time games, as I know the messed up parts of those last two were all Ubisoft.

On a side note... is he involved in the new Prince of Persia?

On a side note... is he involved in the new Prince of Persia?

Nope, he hadn't even played it as of July. The last one he really played much was Sands of Time.