brkl

DeathSpank

I don't really care how it looks. The Sam & Max games don't look amazing, but that's not why I play them.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

This game is going to fail because spanking is not a mainstream game mechanic.

Ah, but you appear not to have mentally joined the 'spank' in the title with the 'monkey' of his previous work, to produce one of the most popular, mainstream game mechanics of all.

Or were you specifically talking about video games?

Ah, but you appear not to have mentally joined the 'spank' in the title with the 'monkey' of his previous work, to produce one of the most popular, mainstream game mechanics of all.

Oh man, the "Spank the Monkey Boxset". Very good.

There's a new video of Deathspank up on propably every games news website now.

I will be so sad if this game would never come to PC.

I really want it!

It feels so damn good jsut by looking at the video!

I know Ron is joking all the time about a [REDACTED] version. That has to be the PC version.

attachment.php?attachmentid=541&stc=1&d=1277254410

As of 30 seconds ago, the website is giving a database error. Hopefully will be up and working soonerish.

EDIT: Also, Wikipedia is giving a release date of July 13, 2010.

post-1395-13375603201256_thumb.jpg

That reminds me that I forgot to try to use Skype to call the hotline number.

Also I hope that the PC version gets announced soon. I can't wait to play Ron Gilbert's first new game in a looooooooooong time!

Correction to my last post: Website is back up. PSN release is the 13th and XBLA is the 14th.

Also I hope that the PC version gets announced soon. I can't wait to play Ron Gilbert's first new game in a looooooooooong time!

Oh, Shit I thought the Pc version was already announced and was being released concurrently. Sometimes a self-imposed media blackout to increase enjoyment of a game really backfires. fuuuuck.

I'm actually not sure if I should buy this this week. I would like to get it off of PSN, but Ron keeps hinting at a PC version sometime down the line. Of course, I don't actually want a PC version unless it were to come boxed.

Chances are slim I think for that, but I wish something official were said.

Why do people care for disks in mostly empty boxes? If I can help it, I'd rather never buy a game on a piece of physical media again.

Wait, what do you mean it's not coming to PC? This is a Steam game for me, without a doubt. Gotta wait I guess!

Excited for this. I haven't looked forward to a game so much, ever, with the exception of every game I've been hyped about.

Okay, no, I am pumped for this. Bring it on. You can't go wrong with a game that actually has a character called Sparkles the Wizard.