Sign in to follow this  
toblix

What did you learn today?

Today, at 6:34am GMT, I learnt that Microsoft have already fixed my broken 360 and posted it back to me. Should be here within the next week!

Today I learned that Facebook will close your account without any prior warning, if you have a profile picture that does not show your entire uncovered face. For instance in my case where I had a picture of me with a big woolly scarf covering half my face, or in Ben's case where he had a photo of his trainers.

I also learned that Facebook customer support is fucking appalling.

Norfolk: I THOUGHT that was the reason but apparently Bob's has been deactivated too and I'm pretty sure his profile pic was an actual picture of him. So, fuck knows. They still haven't responded to my email.

Krom: I know that well ;( I wish I could obliterate my internet internet past.

I learned I need to work on my timing to block the attacks better in rain slick 2.

Also learned I seriously suck at executing Gabe's attacks in episode 2.

I learned that they had MS points for sale at retail in Trondheim.

Also, my Facebook account hasn't been closed and I've been Tom Baker for months.

I learned a new english vocabulary - 'nubile'. It even has a german translation that was also new to me as a real word (and I think is quit funny) - 'mannbar' [maybe something like 'man-able'].

Firefly educates

Do share. I know what I'd like to learn today...

If you are really interested PM me, I posted this true story somewhere else and got in trouble. Even though I know the person who it happened to and I'm pretty certain it really happened.

Warning, it is a bit gross.

I haven't checked my facebook (it is a picture of the back of my head) I'm afraid to, I met a lot of cool people in Eastern Europe and Australia and now have no way of getting in touch with them if my account is gone.

That the British public are our of their tiny little minds... 27,000 complaints?!?

Oh christ, don't get me started on that. It's fucking pathetic.

Well, that's what happens when you prank call on the job!

Edit: Also, today I learned that "Most users ever online was 1,375, 04-16-2006 at 05:54 PM." and am left wondering what the hell happened there. Bots?

Edit: Also, today I learned that "Most users ever online was 1,375, 04-16-2006 at 05:54 PM." and am left wondering what the hell happened there. Bots?

Probably Yahoo!s webspide (called Slurp), it's not very nice to vBulletin boards. Instead of using a single instance of the spider (like google does) they send in a horde of spiders, each request leads to a visitor count, so 10 instances that make 10 requests in 5 minutes leads to 100 visitors according to vBulletin's counting system.

Well, that's what happens when you prank call on the job!

Is that a joke? (If not, does it include Phone Jacker? Or Scott Mills? Or any of the other DJs who have regularly made prank phone calls in the past?)

The only person who's "really" upset by this is Gorgina (Sach's granddaughter), the "exotic dancer" who works at Satan's Sluts. Oddly enough, she seems to be doing rather well. I wonder if she'll get any modelling work from being on the front page of The Sun?

Agreed. My suspicions were first aroused when I heard that when it all started she went straight to talk to Max Clifford. :shifty:

I didn't learn it today, but this year. Until recently they terrified me, but I learned that getting on with kids is pretty simple: Talk to them like they're adults, but act like a kid. They'll love you for it.

I didn't learn it today, but this year. Until recently they terrified me, but I learned that getting on with kids is pretty simple: Talk to them like they're adults, but act like a kid. They'll love you for it.

Lol! :tup:

Is that a joke?
Yes.

But, seriously, if that's what radio has come to, two idiots doing something I started finding childish in third grade...

Edited by Zaarin

Is that a joke? (If not, does it include Phone Jacker? Or Scott Mills? Or any of the other DJs who have regularly made prank phone calls in the past?)

The only person who's "really" upset by this is Gorgina (Sach's granddaughter), the "exotic dancer" who works at Satan's Sluts. Oddly enough, she seems to be doing rather well. I wonder if she'll get any modelling work from being on the front page of The Sun?

I heard about this yesterday morning on this radio station I listen to that plays the BBC World News for an hour in the mornings. Since I was hearing about it on the radio I couldn't pinpoint exactly what was so offensive, and suddenly they started having what I think were supposed to be "common people" arguing like it was a Monty Python sketch, featuring an old hen shouting that there are RULES AND REGULATIONS for a reason and that she won't support this filthy talk while another younger man was shouting back about choice and that the radio represents free choice. Very bizarre.

What made it most bizarre is when I googled to find out who this granddaughter is that is so offended and find out that yes she is an exotic dancer/model that works at Satan's Sluts.

I guess this doesn't constitute as learning anything of value but I was amused either way.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

Here's is a photo of the innocent and offended Gorgina with no ulterior motives whatsoever (from the DailyMail.co.uk, no less -- although they've removed it from their article now, hypocrites):

article-1081414-0246DFD2000005DC-103_468x869.jpg

Today, I learnt that my employment future is looking somewhat less grim than it was this time last week--certainly not guaranteed, but less doubtful.