Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Grand Theft Auto V Announced!

I wish!

But seriously, since there's no mention of this, and only the DLC. Has there been any word of any sequels, or if Rockstar is doing anything else? Looking at the GTA release delays they are:

• GTA -> GTA2: 1 year
  • GTA2 -> GTA3: 2 years
  • GTA3 -> GTA:VC 1 year
  • GTA:VC -> GTA:SA: 2 years
  • GTA:SA -> GTA IV: 4 years

Holy shit, 2013 is going to rock. I'm marking it in my calendar!

Depending on what the pattern is, holy shit, [2015, 2016, 2020, -1999,5] is going to rock. I'm marking them in my calendar!

Edited by toblix

You left out Vice City. Now we need a mathematician to work out the correct future release date!

Uh... what? What did you think GTA:VC was?

What you did forget though, was Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories. While not as good as the console games, both came during that 4 year span between SA and IV and were really still awesome, and canon to boot. If you haven't played them, I'd see if I could find a way.

Uh... what? What did you think GTA:VC was?

What you did forget though, was Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories. While not as good as the console games, both came during that 4 year span between SA and IV and were really still awesome, and canon to boot. If you haven't played them, I'd see if I could find a way.

They weren't developed by Rockstar North though, so they don't really factor into the development timeline for purposes of divining GTA5's release.

Snippette of a factoid - there was a games software company in Leeds called Mobius, who once upon a time sold out to Rockstar. My g/f at the time got a temp job there as a secretary, as one of the lad's partner was going to do that job, but she was up the stick. Anyhow, I got a phone call from her one evening to invite me down to the local pub in Pudsey, to say that there was some rink going on. So I went down and met Gordon, who, *that very day* had become a multi-millionaire. There was lots of free drinks. :)

I had totally forgotten about that. When I played the top-down GTA games (I only played GTA and GTA 2 of those), I never even bothered with the missions, and just loaded it up for multiplayer or just racing mayhem. How good was the story and how was the structure, difficulty, etc. in those games compared to their 3D sequels?

And what about GTA: London 1969, eh?
And London 1961!

GTA was just driving around and doing random missions until you got a set amount of money. Then you got to see the face of some drugged out guy saying something incomprehensible and you got to go to the next city.

GTA2 expanded on that where you could do missions for separate gangs and so become friends/enemies with them. I don't remember much of a storyline apart from that.