Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Idle Thumbs 2: The Fanboy's Lament

I had come to the same conclusion about the Little Big Planet art direction, as is mentioned in ep2. It's fantastic, because the arts-and-craft approach means that everyhting looks equally cobbled together, no matter if it is done well or badly. It takes people's aesthetic sense out of the equation, focussing purely on function.

And it still all looks great :tup:

First podcast I ever listened to and enjoyed it.

I wonder about the LBP fanbase and desire to continue the enthusiasm. This is definitely for the hardcore not the casual gamer. The fact that Sony is pitching this as their big Christmas game seems very risky to me.

Must admit actually, these are the first podcasts I've bothered listening to myself, and I enjoyed them... Although I'm not sure I agree on your red alert comments. :)

Seriously, the good podcasts have really been drying up lately.

Anyway, a while ago I made a No More Heroes 2 thread around the U.S. release. It wasn't a very active thread and it looks like it got purged. I didn't think anything of it, this forum is pretty PC gaming centric as well as being pretty European in its membership. I guess the game actually just recently released over there. I also just assumed the guys from the 'cast weren't interested in the series.

That brings me to this episode. I guess I had forgotten or missed it originally, but I had no idea Chris was such a fan of the first game and apparently looking forward to NMH2.

I personally loved the sequel, flaws and all, much like the first. I felt it was a great follow up in that it improved on a lot of the good stuff without being an exact retread. I also know a few people who were really let down by the bits that were missing and perhaps that it didn't feel as 'new'. So I'm interested to hear opinions about the game from you guys or if you guys have even had a chance to play.

Despite how hilarious all the open world stuff in the original was, NMH 2 is more playable by far and has a great retro style. I did find myself wishing for more minigame variety because I'm the type of dude who has to buy every single new piece of clothing. I must've played that pipe mania and bug game a zillion times each.

I did find myself wishing for more minigame variety because I'm the type of dude who has to buy every single new piece of clothing. I must've played that pipe mania and bug game a zillion times each.

Ha, same here. I even posted a youtube video about how to game the space shuttle job for max cash.

Slowly working my way through the back catalog of Idle Thumbs as we enter the "Fuck Chris" era of the Idle Thumbs hiatus in our march towards the Countdown to Tears. I jumped on somewhere in the Sean, Jake, Chris Kickstarter revival era, so a lot of this will be new to me.

I thought Fanboy's Lament was okay at first, until it got to its first like...key change? Then it got pretty good. Gave me a Bowie-esque vibe.