Chris

Send us questions!

Surprised no one has mentioned this, at least no that I have seen.

Who wants to be a wizard? the answer: all of us, we all want to be a wizard!

Grab your spell books and click this link: http://www.wizard101.com Yup, its a MMO for Wizards!

my question is: Jake, can you resist the temptation to get addicted to a Wizard MMO?

Yes, it was mentioned before: http://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/showthread.php?p=123610#post123610

I was Chase Rainbowpants.

I think it was also featured in a thumbcast.

Hey Thumbs,

I know a game Chris would love if only the community didn't dwindle down.

DeathBall! - A First Person Sports mod for Unreal with a main gameplay mechanic of Boosting!

It was the first video game I ever played that felt like an actual sport then a video game of a sport.

An interesting thing happened with DeathBall where the community was pretty large for awhile but eventually as the community grew as a whole in skill, the learning curve of the game actually deterred new players from joining because the mechanics of the game was much like someone trying to play ice hockey with pro's but not being able to skate. and eventually it all collapsed on its self. :(

I'm wondering what you guys think about the First Person sports games like Dodgeball, and how they could become more popular.

Hey all!

Loving the eps you guys produce! I was wondering today, and I'm not sure if this has been suggested before; have you guys ever considered inputting sound excerpts (for example from trailers or smth) in the background of your discussions about a game.

As a short soundbite or as background during a game anecdote. I think if done right it could really add a lot of additional atmosphere. I guess you would have to prepare a couple of these jingles ahead of time though to properly start them. Post editing could work but would probably be messy.

Anyway, keep it up and thanks for the laughs!

Hey all!

Loving the eps you guys produce! I was wondering today, and I'm not sure if this has been suggested before; have you guys ever considered inputting sound excerpts (for example from trailers or smth) in the background of your discussions about a game.

As a short soundbite or as background during a game anecdote. I think if done right it could really add a lot of additional atmosphere. I guess you would have to prepare a couple of these jingles ahead of time though to properly start them. Post editing could work but would probably be messy.

Anyway, keep it up and thanks for the laughs!

I think Remo has already answered this incidentally, from Formspring:

Over time I think we realized that integrating 55-Wizard-On into the cast is one or two steps more involved than our standard operation procedure, which is basically "talk into a microphone." It may make a return, but usually we forget it exists.

If it is too hard to integrate 55-WhyARe-mo into the Cast it's probably too hard to include other sound clips too.

Besides, I think I prefer it verbatim and i'm sure Snoogle does too, who needs background noise in a remix?

Also, they have done it a few times. The weird jingle in the background from the boat simulator trailer, for example, or when they're talking about Subject Zero.

so Nick says Hearts of Iron is like the Mt Everest of strategy games. Does that make it greater than, less then, or equal to the citizen kane of video games?

so Nick says Hearts of Iron is like the Mt Everest of strategy games. Does that make it greater than, less then, or equal to the citizen kane of video games?

Couldn't Kane have, in his childhood, used his sled (Rosebud) to sled down Mt. Everest?

Therefore, I believe that Hearts of Iron is less than the Citizen Kane of video games.