Scrobbs

World of Goo

That's right, fools. Take your awesome game and stuff it in the basket with all the other eggs.

500soapbox-pic.jpg

:violin::D

Just finished this. Such a perfect game. It's truly the year of the indies for me. Both Braid and World of Goo have really impressed me. I really liked the tone of it, how they weren't afraid to play with anything, change stuff without warning. Also, the art and music touched my heart.

Well, I've just been speaking to some folk on Vent, and they said it's good fun too. So between them and you lot, I've just bought it. Downloading now...

:tup:

I think the game should be much harder on the Wii, some of the later levels require lots of quick clicking like a madman, which I doubt I could do as fast pointing with the Wiimote...:blink:

I think the game should be much harder on the Wii, some of the later levels require lots of quick clicking like a madman, which I doubt I could do as fast pointing with the Wiimote...:blink:

So, uh, would I be able to play this with a Macbook trackpad and one button?

So, uh, would I be able to play this with a Macbook trackpad and one button?

Can you click like crazy with it? As in dragging something that is close to where you are super fast?

The game does have some sort of flies that undo your last move in some levels, but they are limited and you can even skip the harder levels if you must, but I think you should handle better than with a Wiimote?

Only a few levels require quick thinking and reflexes, it's mostly figuring out what to do and how to do it.

Oh well, the European Steam release will be months from now: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=260665
There is something like a European Steam? Why the fuck? Does this really mean, a person in the USA can still buy this game via steam, while we have to wait those artificial months? I was a little late on the whole steam-train, so, really, why?

I was about to get a paypal-like payment thing as substitute for a credit card I don't have, just to be able to online-order this game. And now fuck?

What a world of goo! (sorry)

edit:

Could someone in a first world country buy the game (a second time), and then give it away to some poor european kid, in exchange for, I don't know, a UN-branded sack of rice, or something.

It seems that you can no longer buy it from steam in the UK. They spotted their mistake and removed it. I wonder if they'll take it off my account?

Wouldn't put it past them, the bastards.

With all these border-erasing distribution technologies everywhere, I wonder how long it will be before there's no such thing as a US release or a European one.

They finally came to their senses and released a demo: http://2dboy.com/2008/10/15/demo-of-world-of-goo-available/

The first world seems ace, occasional issues with predicting which ball I want to select aside. Probably going to pick this up when I get a chance. Seems like it'd be a bit harder to control on wiiware even if the controls were perfect, so I guess PC is the way to go?

They finally came to their senses and released a demo: http://2dboy.com/2008/10/15/demo-of-world-of-goo-available/

The first world seems ace, occasional issues with predicting which ball I want to select aside. Probably going to pick this up when I get a chance. Seems like it'd be a bit harder to control on wiiware even if the controls were perfect, so I guess PC is the way to go?

The controls is the main reason I got the PC version, like I said before some levels look impossible to do with a Wiimote for me!;(

I seem to be incompatible with the world. Is this a feature or a bug:

attachment.php?attachmentid=394&stc=1&d=1224262821

What am i supposed to do here?

post-74-13375603039694_thumb.png

Apparently it's a bug and some other people have got that as well. It was funny to get it right after the game told me such things as

"Welcome to the third dimension!" and "You appear to be incompatible with: THE WORLD"

though.

I played the demo a lot. Completed the levels, tried some of the OCD-stuff, succeeded at some, at least waved my fist in anger at the others, and built an awesome 21,8m Eiffel tower-like Goo tower. What a fantastic game.

I love the whole look of the game, the signs, the sounds my fellow goo-balls emit, the music is nice, the gameplay is captivating, and I'm very curious about all the unknown goo-balls. Gameplay-wise it tickles the same addiction as bridge builder, just in a more gorgeous, funny, charming and innovative way.

The only things I'd like to see fixed are the same things most others mildly criticize - the pick-a-certain-goo-problem, and the fact that I can't retry a level immediately, after the required number of balls is in the pipe. At least until now, those things are only annoying, when I hunt for the OCD. Hopefully they patch it.

So now I just have to wait for my newly acquired paypal-account to unlock and properly work.

Hmm... What exactly is this OCD thing? Maybe I didn't pay attention during the game... I did notice the letters "OCD" after completing some levels.