Scrobbs

World of Goo

I preordered it this week. The chapter one preview that comes with it is pretty awesome. Can't wait for the full game!

I preordered it this week. The chapter one preview that comes with it is pretty awesome. Can't wait for the full game!

When IS it coming out? I can't even remember how long I preordered my copy! ;(

Preordered too. The first chapter was lots of fun and seems quite polished already for an early version.

When IS it coming out? I can't even remember how long I preordered my copy! ;(

According to RPS it's coming out on the 13th of this month \o/

Isn't it strange that I haven't gotten one email from 2D Boy after preordering the game?

Isn't it strange that I haven't gotten one email from 2D Boy after preordering the game?

How long has it been? I think I had to wait a lot for my email confirmation? But it was a long time ago and I don't remember that well...:erm:

I got both the receipt e-mail from paypal and the key from 2D Boy in less than ten minutes after purchasing it. If I were you would e-mail them about it.

Holy

fucking

SHIT

This game is awesome to the ultimate maximum!

Also, I just discovered I actually have the full version too. I thought it was just the preview or whatever, and then bam! I could do chapter 2.

The game is pretty awesome, but short, but like Braid and Portal is the shortness that makes it great?:erm:

And like Braid and Portal, you actually feel clever after beaten a level! :woohoo:

But... They give you too many level skips, I bet you could beat half the game and skip the other half!

Tower of Goo kept me interested for about 20 minutes, but this one seems completely different. Awesomely different. I guess I'll wait for the mac release though.

BTW. How short it is approximately? And are there other modes (?) in addition to the story mode (?) ?

It has only four chapters and an epilogue, they have about 10 levels each, and only near the end it gets really hard, I actually had to skip a level in the epilogue.

You can replay them to beat your time or try to get more goo balls, but that's about it... You can probably beat it in 5-6 hours or less?

I can only hope that the reason everyone's not posting in this thread right now is that they're busy with either:

1. Playing World of Goo,
  2. Working closely with Valve on providing Steam users with a way for them to have their VAC ban lifted, or
  3. All three of these points.

All games on Steam have achievements now? :erm:

No, but this one does.

From RPS;

Aaaand, if you pre-ordered it, and are all upset because you wanted it on Steam, look happy. You pre-order magic key will unlock it on Steam too, come Monday. Add to that the news that it’s integrating with Steamworks, and will be launching with eight achievements. And there’s lots more places to buy it too…

That's right, fools. Take your awesome game and stuff it in the basket with all the other eggs.