Spaff

Little BIG Planet

Yeah, it takes a long time to get a good feel/workflow with the editor before you can even do things properly. I've been mostly dicking around with it so far, building little contraptions and creatures and playing around with gears and bolts and strings.

I think I spent over two hours in the editor today trying to build one tiny little segment of a level together. It's buggy as hell but I'm going to flesh it out some more so that I can have a good starting point from which to make a newer, better level. On the plus side, I got the "Creator" trophy.

I am chagrined at a lack of time; I definitely have plans for this.

Only got it the other night, and so far don't have much to say except it's cuter than a kitten with Down's syndrome :tup:

Does anyone know if there is a way to export in-game photographs and email them or get them off the PS3 some other way?

Does anyone know if there is a way to export in-game photographs and email them or get them off the PS3 some other way?

for some retarded reason this is not possible..... i don't think

"Can you send them to people in-game on your friends list? if you can send them then they may apear on the XMB messages list, in which case, they may be copyable to the xmb and then to usb..." says my friend in the know.

Another question: I published a level but marked it private since there are some bugs to work out. It gave me a "key". How can I get other people to play this level without making it public? Do I have to invite them into my party and take them there or is there another way?

Ooh, didn't notice that'd launched properly. RSSed as fuck.

What solution did you use to generate those superb graphical post titles, Spaff? It's not immediately obvious from 10 seconds glancing at your source but it looks a lot better than sIFR. :tup:

N0wak - i dunnoes, but i know you can place the key as an object into a level, usually used for making a series of levels i guess.... maybe you can place it in a game to give people or something

Thrik - http://tomkiss.net/ee/add-on/tk_page_title

my friend Tom who is the designx0r of that site made the headline thing as a module for Expression Engine.

I actually just saw this on your site littleBigPlanetoid, checking the creators blog the guy is also responsible for the PS3 iPlayer service, which I thought was cool. Being able to browse levels, comments and so on outside of LBP is neat - but I agree; it should have been done by Sony in the first place.

Have you seen the videos for the new Metal Gear Solid level pack?

mgs4levelpics4.jpg

The hand held "Paintinator" weapon that fires paint and splats its victim.

Looks frikkin awesome, check it out! :clap:

The trailer quite literally turns me on. But not as much as the actual pack contents!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/19/lbp-premium-level-packs-costume-packs-metal-gear-solid-edition-on-the-ps-store-1223/#more-4422

I really like the fact we're getting four new music tracks, three of which are iMusic. :tup:

This is setting a very good precedent for what LBP DLC should really be all about!

Has there been any word on the image import feature they were banging on about? Or has that been quietly sidelined to aid selling stickers in packs or whatever? ;(

So, uh, anyone manage to collect all the items yet? Because I've been trying to do it co-op with my sister and we've been having a bitch of a time finding them, even on the easiest levels. We've been through "Get a Grip" -- the second level -- about ten times and can't manage to find ten percent of the items. :frusty: I know there are some 3x and 4x challenges later in the game that I need other people for, but this is getting kind of annoying. I'm trying to get all the trophies here :shifty:

Similarly, anyone want to get online to do the "play with three people in your friends list" one? :hmph:

image import - silence. Last we heard was a picture on Mm's flickr proving that it exsits whilst Sony denied that it could ever work.

lost in the ether whilst they try and get people like disney to spend money to get their art in the game, not wanting people to just put it there themselves.

My co-blogger tom has 100% of everything and all the trophies, he is a sicko.

On that level there are some hidden ones like umm when you ride the horse down the hill, jump off him and get up onto the trees... also you can jump along from the castley bit to the left to get some other ones.

I'll happily play with you and help you find missing ones, I've got a buch myself for other levels

The MGS pack looks incredible.

Also I'd be happy to make it 4 players with some item collection. Although I'm not about from the 23rd to the 28th.

There is a way to get WipEoutHD pics taken with the in-game camera, and they get put in the photo folder on the XMB. Whether this is done differently with LBG I'm afraid I can't tell you.