Spaff

Little BIG Planet

Yes.. because its soundtrack apparently contains bits from Qu'ran. :shifty:

Pretty interesting choice for a soundtrack to song begin with. Doesn't sound too bad though. Btw, are the songs connected to different themes and environments (like.. eh.. sand) or are they played at random?

Also: Every soul shall have the taste of death.

So, what happened? Did the developers think they were buying up songs that had gibberish lyrics, and it turned out to be Arabic? =D

Apparently, this was the case.

Fuck over-easily offended religious zealots. "We consider the use of our holy book's texts deeply offending". Really? You don't sound deeply offended. Stop using being offended as a weapon to get your way and grow a backbone. What if we refuse? Are you going to kill everyone at Media Molecule? Is everyone sufficiently scared of you and your so-called religion of peace?

Worldwide recall, what a hoax. The only reason I'd want that is to eliminate any suspicion that a wonderful creative game like LBP would support some backwards tribal desert cult.

I love the raw emotion of this post on Eurogamer, particularly the fact it just ends on a scream:

Fucking muslims. Take your rags and go buy a Xbox 360. You fucking ruiners ruined everything. My autumn break got all shit 'cos LBP won't be out next week. JUST FUCK YOU, GOD DAMN IT!!! Put your Q'rain into... ARG!!!!!

(Just to clarify; I'm not angry because I now can't play LBP, because I don't even have a PS3. I'm just supremely pissed off that religious fanatics can apparently so easily hold everyone hostage for baloney reasons.)

Wow, I really wasn't expecting anything like that from the soundtrack. Seems to come right out of left field, are the other tracks non orchestral? Assuming the translations are accurate it's not very LittleBigPlanet'y either, they should re-dub it with something playful. My suggestion;

'all sackboys
and sackgirls
(!) shall henceforth enjoy eternal life
exclusively
on PLAYSTATION. So sayeth Sony and a legally binding contract'

Didn't Christians get all up in arms recently over a cathedral being featured in a game?

Let's form a Thumb religion whereby other religions getting their own way is supremely offensive to us.

Fuck over-easily offended religious zealots. "We consider the use of our holy book's texts deeply offending". Really? You don't sound deeply offended. Stop using being offended as a weapon to get your way and grow a backbone. What if we refuse? Are you going to kill everyone at Media Molecule? Is everyone sufficiently scared of you and your so-called religion of peace?

Who said that btw?

Edit: Found the email. I'm not very surprised that they asked Sony to remove the song, honestly.

I wonder if there had even been this "controversy", if Sony hadn't panicked and decided to delay the game in the first place. (Even the one who sent the email suggested disabling the song via online update.) Now some of the people who have been waiting for the game are incredibly angry at those-fucking-muslims-who-haven't-done-anything-yet-but-will-surely-be-burning-sackboy's-and-doing-other-wacky-stuff-they-usually-do-just-because-you-know, and now that the delay is in headlines some of the muslims probably will start thinking they should actually give a crap.

But yeah, whatever.

Edited by Nappi

Regarding the lobbyists; it happens with everything imaginable. Religion is notorious for it, but funda

Muslims have a trump card thanks to fear of backlash. You know, I think this might actually be a good thing. Sony are shit at marketing - this might actually get the game some fucking coverage. I wanna see sackboys burning as effigies on the streets of Baghdad, who's with me?

Who said that btw?

I think in the thread Eurogamer linked, the muslim guy said that it was the mixing of words with music that he protested to.

Edited by Yufster

Didn't Christians get all up in arms recently over a cathedral being featured in a game?

Yeah, it was over Resistance having a level set in the ruins of Manchester Cathedral. Sony's got a real good track record going. My question is, how do you think they're going to piss off the jews in their next big release?

:tommy:Sony. Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

I was under the impression that all video games were "haraam" to practicing muslims.

In the UK, muslim pharmacists can legally refuse to sell the morning after pill to women as it goes against their beliefs, but that doesn't mean the sale of all morning after pills must be stopped because it is, on the whole, offensive to them.

Even though quite frankly I think they should either hand the pill over or fuck off.

That's a whole other rant though.

Nintendo did something similar on Ocarina of Time for the Fire Temple (Although I was under the impression it was at the Gerudo Fortress...).

http://www.mobygames.com/game/legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time/trivia

"The Fire Temple music was changed in the later versions due to it having a chant from an Islamic prayer looped in the background which offended some members of the Islamic community.

The design of the mirror shield was also changed as it crescent moon and star symbol looked very similar to the symbol of Islamic religion."

Who the hell is making all these songs with samples from the Qu'ran in them?!!?!?!?!?!

and then licensing them to video games?

Dammit.

Is there anything that superstitious beliefs in skypeople can't ruin?

If anything, they should be going after the people that made the song rather than those that licensed it. I'm sure that song's been out there for far longer than the game, but these people live in a logic free zone.

Yeah, it was over Resistance having a level set in the ruins of Manchester Cathedral. Sony's got a real good track record going. My question is, how do you think they're going to piss off the jews in their next big release?

Some sort of Cooking Mama fuck up at a guess.

Yeah, it was over Resistance having a level set in the ruins of Manchester Cathedral.

Once all the dust from the months long double barreled ninny-fit had settled, the church found their building being in the game had actually boosted interest in the cathedral along with visitor numbers. Cunts.

Some sort of Cooking Mama fuck up at a guess.

lol :D

...and that's going to cost a fortune. Still, the profile of the game has been raised even further...might sell more copies now.

[Edit] Yufster - I was *so* close to quoting you then. You've just ninja-edited it to add the proviso :grin: