Sign in to follow this  
Jayel

DOOM 3 GOLD!!!

Doom 3 is gold, AWESOME!!!

Too bad that it's coming first to North America, and later to Europe.

But anyway, Friday 13th of August, it's going to be one hell of a day!!!

You lousy americans are getting it 5th of August, and some lucky bastards are going get Doom3 on 3rd of August.

IT'S DONE!!!!!!!

Doom was great because it really made you crap on the walls, like when it was dark and you'd hear a door open somewhere in the distance and then your guts exploded everywhere.

I assume Doom 3 will be a similar experience.

I can't wait to play it in ten years when I finally own a computer that can run it.

Personal note: Purchase stock in Depends or whatever hell company owns them.

Personal note, addendum: Get cash for purchase of stock.

Cool beans. Finally time to see it in action. For some reason or another, I refused to watch any videos. And screenshots have long since failed to impress me.

Or maybe I'm just too damn synical for this life.

I think I speak for all of, er... <cough> Brighton when I say: COME THE FUCK ON ATI!

(this site gets more like fark every day)

I just noticed this icon when posting... first one to find it in d3 gets a pint from the good sir toby of goldstoneshire*:

:dopefish:

* (provided you live in brighton and your name is spaff/bob/walker)

OH YEAH! i cant wait! and i live in canada too, so ill be getting it august 5th!

SiN

Doom III Beta 2 has been out for a while. It's tricky getting it to run though. Doesn't run on some graphixcards.

I want a 1.540.000 polygon Max model (of Sam & Max) to Doom3. :partyhat:

And a idlethumbs doom3 server. wooho.

Well, it's not like I've been masturbating ever since the initial announcement of the game and can finally climax when it hits the store shelves. Should be a nice little digital romp when we finally get to play. Too bad Xbox don't use mouse & keyboard, I'd love to do this one with my niece, nephew, and bro-law.

BTW, anybody got a towel?

Doom III Beta 2 has been out for a while. It's tricky getting it to run though. Doesn't run on some graphixcards.

well...i...ahm...somebody else except me (phew!) played doom 3 beta 2 on a laptop with radeonn 9200 (!) graphic card, while our teacher told us what to learn for our final exams. worked quite good. nice toilet-scene. ;)

Todd Hollenshead has updated his .plan again!

Name: Todd Hollenshead

Email:

Description: CEO

Project:

Last Updated: 07/14/2004 22:47:45 (Central Standard Time)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7-14-2004 10:19 PM CDT

A few bottles of champagne later (so excuse the typos)....

First of all, thank you to everyone who sent congratulatory notes on the GOLD announcement. I speak for

everyone at id when I say I wish I could respond to everyone personally, but hopefully this general note

can convey how much we sincerely appreciate the sentiment from everyone out there waiting for the game.

A few people have reminded me of some details omitted from my initial update:

Mac and Linux: Unfortunately I don't have dates for either of these. However, Linux binaries will be

available very soon after the PC game hits store shelves. There are no plans for boxed Linux games.

More remains to be done for the OSX version of DOOM 3 and that will take some time. We won't release

the OSX version until it's just as polished as the PC version. The date for OSX DOOM 3 remains "when it's

done", but I can confirm that it's definitely coming.

Demo: our priority was finishing the game first and now we are turning our attention to the demo. I

don't have any information to share regarding any specific content, but I don't believe that we have

ever disappointed in that regard in the past. We will release the demo as soon as it's done, but this

probably won't happen until after the game has arrived on U.S. store shelves.

Last, but not least, the id Store: we will have copies of DOOM 3 available, but only after we get them.

I'm sure that some of the hardcore game retailers will get them even before we do. Check our website for

updates on this. We certainly appreciate everyone who has helped to make the id Store a huge success this

year. By the way, more DOOM 3 T-Shirts just arrived, so those popular items are back in stock and will be

available this week.

I understand that people have lots and lots of questions. We're working on pulling together some form of

an official FAQ, but even though we're done we still have several responsibilities that are urgent as the

game heads for retail. Please bear with us on this.

I know I owe you those preparation tips, but they will have to wait until tomorrow.

Damn. I just can't force myself to get excited about this. Have I become that cynical? Am I that jaded already? Or am I just so damned sick of the hype machine force feeding me it's propaganda that I just don't give shite anymore, now just gimme the game and let me play dammit!?!!

Or on a more positive note, maybe I'm just so sure that it's going to be a masterpiece beyond contestation that I'm content to let it age like a cicada and wait for that perfect moment of realease that will eventually come anytime between now and seventeen years (and now we know that will be soon :Z ) and then bask in its guaranteed perfection.

When did I get so freakin' philisophical about this crap? It's a hobby, man! It's supposed to be fun!

Now just gimme the game and let me play dammit!!

its gonna be great ... fifty bucks on that. idsoftware have never screwed up a game, they're not gonna start now.

mind u, my definition & ur definition of good are prolly very, very different.

SiN

It got a 94% from PC gamer, so its not going to suck. Unless they were paid off.

But if you look at Id's track record, although none of the games were story telling master-pieces they all looked fucking great when released and they were all very fun to play. I'm guessing thats how Doom 3 will be too.

PC Gamer is not a reference. The excitement for that game must also play a role I think...

But I can't believe ID isn't going to give us a great game, as they always do.

Trust I say guys ;)

The official site is now up. Just downloaded the intro music teaser, and it sounds a lot like Tool. They have been mentioned in rumors before (both Tool and NIN have been mentioned, with Tool being the latest rumor). But this song sounds very Lateralus-ish (the song, not the album), so I'm guessing it's tool. Judge for yourself

http://www.doom3.com