Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Rock Band 2...

It makes me laugh, seeing as how recently the first game came out there (in fact it still doesn't seem properly 'established'). Any idea when RB2 is being released in Europe? Will it be this decade?

Got my preorder slip. Got Sunday off work. Got everything set for a band playthrough of as much campaign as we can stomach. :tup:

Agreed, except the leaderboards thing doesn't really apply to me all that much because I play more for sheer fun and don't really care how the competition is doing.

One thing that I have noticed is that the drums seem significantly harder this time around. 3rd tier expert felt like 6th tier from RB1. As someone who still hasn't made it past whatever tier Enter Sandman was in, this frightens me. I switched to guitar for a while, so I don't know what the drums look like for Pinball Wizard yet, but I'm kinda scared of what it'll be like when I try it. Guitar I have no fear of. Seems to be on par, difficulty-wise, but unless it was really markedly harder, I'd be harder pressed to notice than I am with drums.

I love love LOVE the track selection this time. Things like E Pro and Float On make me very happy, while the girlfriend is huge on Teenage Riot and Rebel Girl. We both love Feel the Pain, Drain You, etc. And as always the classic rock stuff is expertly chosen. I'm incredibly impressed with their 90s and later stuff this time around though. There doesn't seem to be a Fall Out Boy-ish track in the bunch yet!

Agreed, except the leaderboards thing doesn't really apply to me all that much because I play more for sheer fun and don't really care how the competition is doing.

The only reason I'm still playing a lot of the RB1 songs is I'm trying to gold star them all -- but now that's taken away. Knowing the score means nothing to me, I need stars. During band play I don't care, that's when I play for fun, but during solo, that's what keeps me going.

I don't know what the drums look like for Pinball Wizard yet, but I'm kinda scared of what it'll be like when I try it.

Well...compared to the rest of the Who songs, it's not too bad, I passed it on sightread pretty easily. But the Who songs are some of the hardest songs in the game.

There doesn't seem to be a Fall Out Boy-ish track in the bunch yet!

You haven't gotten to Panic at the Disco "Nine in the Afternoon"?

I have, but it's not all that bad. I don't get the hate. I give it a passing grade. C+. Maybe a B- if it didn't have that really drawn out ending.

Here's my Rock Band 2 Manual Calibration Guide done in papercraft!

I spent a bunch of time messing around with the RB2 manual calibration settings (I don't have the new Strat), and decided to make a short video explaining them clearly and simply (I hope). I used this method to calibrate my system, and it works really well. So if you're confused about exactly what the settings do, and which way you need to move them in order to sync up the game, this should explain all of that. I use the drums as an example, but obviously this also works with the guitar.

Let me know if I made any mistakes, and I can add some annotations to the video.

Hah, that would be interesting to try actually. I've tried putting the mic up to the speaker, but of course there's background noise and maybe lag, so it doesn't really work.

Got to try GHIV last night. Totally not spending money on it. For one thing, the pedal bar is purple, and with red and blue notes it simply blends into each other too much to really know what it wants you to hit. Infuriating. Then there's the problem that every Guitar Hero since 3 has had where the timing just seems off somehow. Purple Haze was great fun, but not worth it. Soon as my 360 gets back from repairs, I'm booting up Rock Band and washing the taste of GHIV out of my mouth.

We bought GHWT. :( As I was playing with my roommate, we both just kind of sighed. There are a lot of problems with it, and we didn't have much fun.

I'll be writing a full review once I've played more of it, but just a big warning: As a party game, it totally fails. If one person fails out, the whole band fails immediately! The star power is combined (???) and impossible to see. Activating SP with the drums is broken.

There are a few good things (Tool, GH tunes...maybe).

But on a happy note -- HARMONIX BEATLES GAME OMG!!

So wait.... GH2 doesn't have lag on the notes? I'm getting it. GH3 was the first one I played, and it's the one thing that frustrated me a little.

You just need to configure the game correctly, NFC. Every TV is different.

Can you believe that Guitar Hero III won best "Family Game" at the "Golden Joystick Awards"??? Not Rock Band, oh no, but that scabby wart on the anus of rhythm games, GH3.

I play all rhythm games at the default lag settings, and the only ones that have ever lagged for me are GHIII and now IV.

Surprisingly, I used the GHWT calibration tool once and everything was fine -- but I'm guessing that's due to the gigantic hitbox it uses.

I FINALLY PUT UP DRUM VIDEOS!

There are eight of them; the first three have a separate camera for the bass pedal, the rest are zoomed out to show both hands and feet. Because there are so many different things happening, the compression is terrible, so clicking "watch in high quality" is definitely recommended. My drums drop tons of notes, but oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=CrackedRabbitGaming&view=videos

All in an attempt to make it work better, but it still drops a lot of notes. I really just need to buy better ones. I really want the mesh heads.

I got the Ion drum kit for Christmas. It's so fucking rad. Unfortunately, one of the heads recently stopped working. I replaced it with a cymbal for the time being, but I really need to get that replaced.