Spaff

Roflopolis.com - New blog <- ego post + Thumbs e3 video lure

Heya, I moved my blog to www.roflopolis.com - an exercise in rebranding, and an attempt to get it right this time. I'm still kinda working on it, there are some features that aren't working fully, but in essence it is there.

I know it's not super exciting or anyhting, but I do have a few requests for you folk :)

1. Anyone linking to the gaming fascist, please can you change your links to this new url? :) Thanks!

2. Anyone here from the major community with a blog I'm not linking to, please let me know in this thread so I can add it to my site :)

3. errrrrrrrrrr something.

There is actually a bonus, I finally uploaded and embedded the Thumbs E3 video to the new blog, the link to which has been dead for ages, so I can use that as some form of trick to make you go to the blog in the first place!

Plus some videos we made at work that I'm in, and one of which features marek pretending to play the solo from the Top Gun anthem. Come on that's worth it. ;)

:tup::tup::tup:

:shifty::shifty::shifty:

Feedback and comments more than welcome. Also 'feature' testing, because I made it myself and I aint no programmer biatch.

www.roflopolis.com

Edited by Spaff

Ace. I approve of having decent blogs to waste time reading at work. :tup:

I've just updated my own blog's links. If any Thumbs regulars are not on there, it's because I either don't know about your blog or I can't tie the blog to its owner. Pls supply urls thx. ;

Stick to a regular update schedule this time! That's the only thing a blog needs (well OK it's amongst the things that a blog needs).

I've been musing over creating a blog called Crimes Against Fiction. Many times I have mused with Spaff and others about why we hate the Star Wars prequals, or the Pirates of the Carribbean sequals, or the Kevin J Anderson Dune novels, or lots of other things. I don't think a single essay would do my theories justice, so perhaps a blog would allow me to spread it out on a case-by-case basis. What do you guys think? Would you read that? Get involved even?

Oh, it would also give me a platform to try an experiment I've been formulating: invite people to entirely rewrite the Star Wars universe, using only the original trilogy as canon.

The meta-game would be to see how long it takes to be foxed(!) by Lucasfilm.

But I never ceased to be amused by the Gaming Fascist! Now you're not invoking Godwin's Law through the title alone anymore =(

However, it's great to see that Thumbs video again. I always loved those introductions. 'Stunts is Alex Ashby' gets me every time!

Wuxtry! Joker pulls boner of the year!

(I miss a lot of the people. And Thumbs. And podcasts. And Stevan.)

Feedback and comments more than welcome.

1. Change your forums sig!
  2. Add a link to Rolfopolis around the "notice" image on TGF.

Otherwise, good work.

No point linking to my blog as I've still not updated it for a while. This should change, with any luck at some point soon (new 'proper' PC set up is coming; rather knackered, old, lap-breaking, wrist-hobbling notebook retiring).

Roflopolis. Gameslol. Should I rebrand my weblog to something like ChairmanLMAO or something?

Good anyway :tup: I'll be sure to check it out when I have a stable internet connection :tdown: (and yes, frequent updates are key. I log on in internet cafes just so I can push content up because I'm a loser :getmecoat)

Cool, you're now in my RSS feeds (The part that I actually read every day rather than skipping :))

2. Anyone here from the major community with a blog I'm not linking to, please let me know in this thread so I can add it to my site :)

Aha and cough

I'll be sprucing it up a bit this week and giving Thumbs more pimpage there, now likewise for Roflopolis. There are loads of half written posts drafted that I should finish and publish.

But I never ceased to be amused by the Gaming Fascist! Now you're not invoking Godwin's Law through the title alone anymore =(

Thanks, I have a lil plan for it to live in in another way that isn't my personal blog :)

heheh, I like that too. :tup:

ooh let me try! Um, ahh. Dammit I can't think of one.

I think I just found a bug. Double clicking on the title of any entry in my RSS reader usually opens the relevant page in my browser, but not with Roflopolis.

Edit: Yes, the feed title sends my browser to the blog, but the individual post titles don't do the same for post pages.

Just watched the E3 vid, the Monkey Island scene and the Harry Potter spanking sounds are genius :D

Edited by Nachimir

I've just updated my own blog's links. If any Thumbs regulars are not on there, it's because I either don't know about your blog or I can't tie the blog to its owner.
You bendy bus. :(

And surely reading a decent blog isn't a "waste" of time?!