Tanukitsune

Let's play Castle Crashers!

Who wants to play Castle Crashers? Everybody keeps saying how awesome it is in multiplayer but I've yet to play it that way!

:gaming::gaming::gaming:

I don't have it here, but I played some Castle Crashers on work today and that was pretty fun. I only have the demo though, I expect to have the full game shortly. Probably won't play online though, sorry =(

So, it's a 2d side-scrolling fighter like Double Dragon, right?

No.

It's an Awesome awesome like awesome.

Downloaded the demo and quite impressed. I'll probably buy the full thing on Thursday when I get paid and have some walking around money. Happy to play with you then.

It's like Double Dragon, only also an epic RPG, with an inventory, spells and tons of humor! X3

Well, that was weak-willed of me. But then, what's a credit card for if not buying useless things a week or so before you can actually afford them? I'm game for multiplayer if anyone sees me online...

EDIT: Hey, awesome! If you already own Alien Hominid HD, you get the little guy as a playable character right off the bat! Haven't used him yet, choosing to go with the little Blue knight first (level 9 right now, if anyone's curious) but I may have to give him a shot soon.

Edited by miffy495

toblix complains? What the fuck! I loved Double Dragon.

In the early 90s. Just kidding, this sounds awesome. Maybe it'll be more fun than GTA IV with its low camera angles.

Pretty damned addictive, I gotta say. Really enjoying trying to find those little animal orb guys. Right now I quite dig Bitey Bat. Cute little bugger who latches on to your enemies heads and causes them no small amount of pain and distraction. For me though, no one kicks a better side than Rammy, the little mountain goat animal orb. Mowing a line of enemies down for me to openly whallop? Yes please.

What with the rideable things, magic spells and all, I'd call it a descendent of Golden Axe more than anything else. The RPG-lite elements are quite good. You can definitely see your character improving as you go, and finding that perfect weapon and sidekick is pretty fun. The amount of weapons in this game looks to be absolutely massive. I really want to trick my guy out with the lightsaber, but the giant meat tenderizer is just too powerful to give up right now. The +2 buff to strength is what's carrying me through many of the boss fights. When my character's natural strength is higher, I'll probably switch just so I can have the awesome of playing through a beat 'em up with a lightsaber (and Bitey Bat!), but until then, it's meat tenderizer and Rammy all the way.

My little Blue Knight guy is now at level 13 (maybe 14?) and I also took the minion guy from the Barbarian levels out for a spin, since I unlocked him in the King's Arena thing. Got an achievement for beating the boss of the first set of levels with one of his own minions, too. This is a really solid little game. Totally worth the 1200 MS Points. Actually sorta making me want to go back and replay Alien Hominid for the umpteenth time. Now though, is time for bed.

Okay, so does this have multiplayer coop? Locally and/or over Live? Do you save the characters or progress? Tell me EVERYTHING!

Castle Crashers was made for co-op and as far as I know it does save your characters XP, but I don't know about the progress since I've yet to play with anyone...

The only thing that bothers me is that your character don't share levels, which is a pain since you need to beat the game with most of the characters to unlock even more characters which unlock some even more! :mock:

There's a certain character that appears near the end which I hope is playable, but nobody has figured out how to get yet... ;(

Wow...

Me, Rusalka, Nick and Marek played this all Wednesday night, and plan to resume our session tonight :) So much god damn fun, especially with a drunken marek commentary. :tup:

I'm a red knight guy, but i put all my power into melee, and now i bash the living crap out of everyone. I realy need that meat tenderizer but I can't seem to equip it :(

Anyone seen any FAQs or any information of any kind out in the interwebs, just want to know more about certain pets, and unlocks, etc :)

:tup: win.

sarcasticly: "oooh somebody levelled up" - MrBananaGrabber Aka Marek.

Wow...

Me, Rusalka, Nick and Marek played this all Wednesday night, and plan to resume our session tonight :) So much god damn fun, especially with a drunken marek commentary. :tup:

I'm a red knight guy, but i put all my power into melee, and now i bash the living crap out of everyone. I realy need that meat tenderizer but I can't seem to equip it :(

Anyone seen any FAQs or any information of any kind out in the interwebs, just want to know more about certain pets, and unlocks, etc :)

:tup: win.

sarcasticly: "oooh somebody levelled up" - MrBananaGrabber Aka Marek.

I'm pretty sure some weapons can only be used if you have a high enough level and if you are the one who found it?

As for the animal orbs, this thread helped me find them all!

People are still figuring out who unlocks what though, but it seems that almost every character unlock another when you beat the game with it?

I'm going to have to grind a little to beat all the arena and then grind some more with new character until they can take the final boss...

I'm using the Green Knight his poison is great against the beefy guys and... it kinda looks like he has fart powers! :fart:

Yeah play it. It's win. You HAVE to play it in co-op though, it's essential.

Have to? I beat the game all by myself! It's just more fun if you play with friends! :3

My co-player got all ticked off because I kept stealing the coins when he smashed up the dudes. Good times :tup:

Okay, I don't have much to contribute since it will probably be 2 years before I catch up with the games I own and buy an Xbox 360, but I would love to own these:

CCfigures.jpg

I'm pretty sure some weapons can only be used if you have a high enough level and if you are the one who found it?

I've been playing as Alien Hominid on my lonesome and have picked up a small plethora of weapons, none of which I can equip despite being well above the necessary level for all of them.

My weapon changed once in the first level (from a weird green thing to a pitchfork) and it won't let me switch to any others.

There's nothing to indicate why this should be the case so I'm leaning towards there being a random bug in weapon switching.

I've been playing as Alien Hominid on my lonesome and have picked up a small plethora of weapons, none of which I can equip despite being well above the necessary level for all of them.

My weapon changed once in the first level (from a weird green thing to a pitchfork) and it won't let me switch to any others.

There's nothing to indicate why this should be the case so I'm leaning towards there being a random bug in weapon switching.

The alien is the only character who can't use weapons

Ah, fair enough. I apologize for not being able to play this morning, Tanukitsune. It was one of those "Hell, I don't have to leave for work for another 20 minutes, I should play some Castle Crashers before I go!" moments, and you caught me when I really didn't have the time for a co-op. This does not negate the willingness to play when I don't have to run away 15 minutes later.

The alien is the only character who can't use weapons

Heh, yeah I found this out after doing some checking on the interwebs, however I think they failed at making this clear especially since he switched to the pitchfork early on...

If anybody wants to play with me this weekend, you're going to have to PM or IM me since I'll be playing with GameTap and won't use my 360 at all this weekend...:gaming::blink::grin: